Chapter 33

Keefe felt nervous. 

Tam had told Keefe that maybe he should go over to Everglen and have Biana and Fitz help him get ready, so that's what Keefe did.
Keefe looked at himself in Biana's mirror, unsure if he looked appropriate enough for the date.
Fitz was sat on Biana's bed as Biana was digging through some jewellery for Keefe to borrow.

"Uhm, this isn't too...casual?" Keefe questioned, glancing at Biana and Fitz.
"No, no." Fitz shook his head.
"It's perfect."
"Yeah! Though maybe you should've wore something more fancier so then it'd be easier to find you some sort of cute accessory..." Biana mumbled to herself.
Keefe looked at Biana, frowning. Biana looked at Keefe and laughed.
"I'm kidding!" Biana exclaimed.
"Look, here."

Biana grabbed a very simple and plain ring from her box of jewellery.
She took Keefe's hand and placed the ring in his palm.
"Simple, plain and cute." Biana said.
"It's too big for me, you can keep it." 
Keefe looked at the ring in his palm. It was a smooth silver ring, nothing too crazy or...sparkly about it.
Keefe slipped it on his left index finger and it fit perfectly.
Fitz got up from the bed and went over to Keefe.
"Mmh, nice little touch." Fitz said.
"What if we paint your nails too?"

Keefe raised his eyebrows as he looked at Fitz.
"Paint...my nails?" Keefe questioned.
Biana gasped.
"Oh! I have this cute like red wine nail polish! Please Keefe?!" Biana pleaded.
Biana took Keefe's hands in hers, sort of bouncing up and down from excitement.
Keefe blinked and he glanced at Fitz who was grinning.
"Uhh...you know what? Why not?" Keefe smiled at Biana.
"Ohh! Okay! Sit down, we probably don't have too much time but I am an expert in painting nails!!" Biana exclaimed instantly letting go of Keefe's hands to search for the specific nail polish bottle she wanted to use.
Keefe went over to Biana's bed and sat down. Fitz leaned against Biana's desk as he got out his imparter.
"I'll check with Tam when he wants you back." Fitz said, instantly typing out a message for Tam.

As soon as Fitz mentioned Tam, Keefe felt his nerves rise again.
"...Uh, can I like...tell you guys something?" Keefe asked, feeling nervous.
Biana went over with the dark red nail polish bottle in hand. Biana sat down next to Keefe and faced him.
"Go on, we're listening." Biana stated, opening the bottle.
Keefe placed his right hand out first as Biana gently began to paint Keefe's pinky nail first.
Keefe watched as Biana flawlessly painted his nails.

"So...uhm, recently things have been a little weird with Tam." Keefe began.
Biana glanced up at Keefe.
"Not like bad weird, right?" Biana asked. 
Keefe shook his head.
"I just mean... I've been wanting to tell Tam that I love him..." Keefe said, sort of mumbling as his cheeks turned red.
Biana and Fitz both looked at Keefe.
Keefe felt slightly uncomfortable with the Vacker siblings staring at him.

Fitz cleared his throat.
"I thought you could never love someone like Bangs Boy." Fitz said, mocking Keefe.
Keefe glared at Fitz as he grinned.
Biana let out a giggle.
"Ah, leave him alone." Biana said, smiling as she grabbed Keefe's left hand.
"That's pretty big, not even Dex and Fitz have said the 'l' word to each other."
"Hey, we're at a comfortable place right now." Fitz stated.
Keefe stared at how Biana painted his left hand now.
"Yeah and...I really wanna share our first kiss soon as well..." Keefe stated, feeling a little embarrassed to talk about this.
Both Fitz and Biana made a teasing 'oooh'-ing noise, making Keefe feel even more flushed.

"Why don't you just...do it then?" Fitz questioned, looking at Keefe.
"Because I don't know if Tam is completely comfortable for us to share our first kiss or for me to tell him I love him!"  Keefe exclaimed.
"And...this date is making me feel really nervous, because what if he is comfortable with taking that step and he does it before I do?"
"Wait, do you want to be the first one to say it?" Biana questioned, furrowing her eyebrows as she finished painting Keefe's nails.
"Yes!" Keefe exclaimed.
Fitz let out a laugh.
"Can you not stand the thought of Tam being the one to do something first?" Fitz asked.
"Well, no, technically he kissed me on the cheek first so..." Keefe said, looking at Fitz.
"...uh-huh." Fitz nodded.

Suddenly Fitz's imparter pinged.
"Oh, speaking of who~" Fitz said as he got his imparter, checking the message he got from Tam.
"Tell Keefe he can come back, we have everything ready."
Fitz wiggled his eyebrows at Keefe and Keefe groaned, feeling his heart beat faster.
Biana smiled and patted Keefe's shoulder.
"Hey, go and have fun. And remember, it doesn't matter who says 'I love you' first,okay?" Biana said.
"As long as the feelings are reciprocated, you'll be fine."

Keefe got up from the bed and he looked at his painted nails.
"...mmh, yeah. I'll talk to you guys as soon as I can." Keefe said, grabbing his crystal to Solreef.
"Good luck~" Biana grinned.
"Have fun~!" Fitz also grinned.
The two Vacker siblings then began to make smooching noises and Keefe felt his face turn red.
"I hate you two!" Keefe scowled, quickly holding his crystal up and light-leaping away.

Biana and Fitz looked at each other.
"I bet Tam tells Keefe he loves him first." Biana stated.
"Ooh... and if Keefe does it first? What do I get?" Fitz asked.
"I'll do your chores for a week!" Biana exclaimed.
"Make it two weeks." Fitz said, going over to Biana and placing his hand out.
Biana smiled. 
"Deal." Biana said, shaking Fitz's hand.