Chapter 10

Tam was smiling as he was reading another letter from his locker.

'Dear Tam,
I've noticed you've been yawning a lot and that the bags under your eyes have been getting darker. Having trouble sleeping huh? I get that.

I put some slumberberries in the envelope so you could make slumberberry tea to help you fall asleep. Don't use too much, just a little.

Take care of yourself, okay? As much as it is cute to see you rubbing your eyes as if you're a tired little kid, you need the proper amount of sleep.
I'll send some more slumberberries every now and then. I don't mind getting them for you, so don't bother buying them for yourself.

~ Your Secret
Admirer '

Linh watched as Tam smiled and she smiled herself.
"Another letter from Biana~?" Linh questioned.
Tam nodded.
"Yeah, uh there's some slumberberries in here." Tam said.
"Help me go to sleep."
Linh raised her eyebrows.
"Huh, didn't think Biana would notice you're extremely sleep deprived. " Linh said.

"But oh well, this'll get you to have a better sleep schedule and it'll probably help with Mid-terms."
Tam groaned.
"Ugh, I forgot Mid-terms are coming up." Tam grumbled.
Tam got his books, shoving them into his bag.
Tam was about to shut his locker before he took a glance at the pictures in his locker.

Tam bit his inner cheek at Keefe's face which was covered.
Tam sighed as he took his thumb up to his lips and he licked it. He wiped his thumb across the smudge over Keefe's face on the photo. Keefe's face became clear and Tam smiled slightly as he shut his locker.

He didn't feel that strong dislike towards Keefe as much anymore. I mean, Keefe hasn't been the nicest to him still bit he's still been making a lot more conversation than he ever does.

"Y'know I wish I had someone who would send me gifts and letters." Linh said as she and Tam began to walk alongside each other to their classes.
"Pfft, you have Marella, don't you?" Tam questioned, looking at Linh.
Linh shrugged.
"This is more romantic." Linh said, tapping the envelope Tam still had in his hand.
Tam glanced at the envelope and he smiled slightly.
"Yeah, I guess." Tam shrugged.

*****

"Have you noticed Tam has been giving you like lovey-dovey eyes recently?" Fitz questioned Biana.
Biana scoffed out.
"Shut up Fitz, he knows we're just friends." Biana said.
"Yeah, sure he does." Keefe scoffed.
"You're taking credit for my letters and gifts."
Biana raised an eyebrow at Keefe.
"Oh I'm sorry, you want credit? Tell Tam who's really writing him letters and sending him gifts then." Biana scowled.

Keefe stayed silent and he looked away.
Fitz looked at Keefe and frowned as the three of them found a table and sat down.
Fitz and Biana sat beside each other as Keefe sat across from them.

"Hey!"
Sophie slid next to Keefe.
"Hey Soph." Biana smiled.
"Hey." Fitz said.
Keefe stayed silent and kept glancing about. Sophie gently nudged Keefe's arm.

"Uhm, hellooo~?" Sophie said, looking at Keefe.
Keefe snapped out of his thoughts and smiled at Sophie.
"Hey Foster." Keefe said.
Sophie smiled.
"You okay? You seem like you've been distracted recently." Sophie said.
Keefe shrugged. "Eh, no... nothing's happened."
"Uh-huh."Biana scoffed.

Sophie raised an eyebrow at Biana and Keefe.
Keefe glared at Biana.
"Does Sophie still not know?" Fitz asked.
"No-" Keefe began.
"Know what?" Sophie asked.
"Keefe has been writing these fake love letters to Tam for these few weeks." Biana said.
"Hey!" Keefe scowled, glaring at Biana.
Biana smiled at Keefe.

Sophie looked at Keefe.
"... So that's why you've been so busy?" Sophie questioned.
Keefe felt strange and he gulped.
"Yeah, but as like a joke." Keefe said.
"And it's totally working, Tam is falling for this person I've made up!"

"Right so... You've been spending your free time... writing letters for Tam and making gifts for him... and you don't have feelings for him?" Sophie questioned.
"Exactly." Keefe nodded.
Sophie stared at Keefe blankly.

"So, whenever I've asked you if you wanted to come over, see Silveny or whatever and you've said you were busy... that was because... you were doing things for someone you don't even have feelings for?" Sophie clarified.
"Oh..." Fitz grimaced.
"Keefe..."
Keefe could feel the anger and jealousy radiating from Sophie.
"Hey, why are you getting so angry? It's not as if I'm ignoring you-" Keefe began.
"Yes but when you've said you're busy I thought you meant like schoolwork! Or something like that!" Sophie scowled.
"Do you even know me?" Keefe scoffed out.
"I barely do schoolwork out of school!"

Sophie scoffed out and shook her head.
"Keefe, you are an asshole!" Sophie snapped, getting up.
"Sorry that I don't need you around me all the time?" Keefe shrugged, looking up at Sophie a little confused.
Sophie clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes.
"You're so dense." Sophie grumbled, storming off.

Keefe scoffed and looked away, crossing his arms. He looked to see Fitz and Biana staring at him.
"What?" Keefe snapped.
"Nothing, nothing." Biana shook her head.

"Woah, why did Sophie look so pissed off?"
Linh sat next to Keefe and Tam went over to sit next to Biana.
Linh looked at the other three.
"... Well?"

"Sophie is making everything about her again." Keefe shrugged.
"Nothing new."
Linh furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Fitz and Biana.
"... Eh, she kinda was." Fitz shrugged.
Linh hummed.

"Anything new with Tam and his secret admirer?" Biana asked, smiling at Tam.
Tam's cheeks turned red.
"Mmh, they gave me slumberberries to help me sleep." Tam said.
Keefe looked at Tam and see a glint in his eyes. Keefe smiled slightly but he hid it underneath his hand.
"Do you have trouble sleeping?" Biana questioned, frowning at Tam.
Tam nodded.
"Mostly recently. That cold messed up my sleep schedule." Tam said.
"Not to say his sleep schedule wasn't shit before." Linh coughed under her breath.
Tam glared at his sister and Linh smiled sweetly at Tam.

"Mmh, that's kind of them."
Biana glanced at Keefe and Keefe scrunched up his nose, glaring at Biana.
Biana rolled her eyes.
Tam bit his inner cheek, as he does when he's nervous. Keefe noticed this and he raised his eyebrows. Tam looked at Linh and Linh smiled at Tam, hinting for Tam to do whatever he wanted to do.
Keefe glanced between the Song twins.

Keefe mostly watched Tam as Linh and Fitz began to talk a bit now.
Keefe seen Tam's hand move underneath the table.
Keefe scoffed.
Typical, the old 'accidental' hand touch.
Biana felt her nerves rise as she noticed how Tam attempted to make a move, to hold her hand.

So, Biana took her hands away from her sides and she rested them on her cheeks.
"Hey Linh, you wanna do something later on today?"
"Huh? Oh yeah sure."
Tam placed his hand back, gulping and feeling ashamed.
Keefe looked to see Tam letting his bangs fall over his face, clearly embarrassed. Keefe gulped and looked away.

He hated this.

Why did he hate this? He thought it'd be funny if Tam made a move on Biana when she didn't actually like him so why did Keefe hate this?

Keefe had to go to a field, relax after school.
Maybe he'd steal some snacks, papers, envelopes. Maybe he'd write something for Tam.
Maybe he'd take his sketchbook out with him.

Keefe needed some time to himself.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1259