Chapter 23

"I don't think I've ever been in your room before." Tam stated as he looked around Keefe's room.
Keefe shut the door to his bedroom as Tam looked around.
Keefe quickly went over to his bed and desk, gathering some clothes that were laying about.

"Uh, it's not usually this messy-" Keefe began, his cheeks red from embarrassment.
"My room's a mess too, don't worry." Tam said.
"I mean... uh the whole being kinda heartbroken thing, I kinda became a slob."
Keefe looked at Tam who was fiddling with his hands as he looked about.

Keefe then noticed Mrs.Stinkbottom and his cheeks warmed up as he noticed Tam seen the green gulon plush.
Keefe was about to leap over to get the plush before Tam gently picked it up and looked at it.
"Didn't know you slept with plushies still." Tam grinned, waving the green gulon in front of Keefe's face.
"Give her back-" Keefe scowled.

Tam held the gulon closer to him and looked at it.
"Her, huh? You mean to tell me you've been snuggling with a girl while liking me? Wow Sencen... what a player you are." Tam said, shaking his head in disappointment.
Keefe snickered as he snatched Mrs.Stinkbottom from Tam.
"Shut up, Song." Keefe said, sitting on his bed as he held the emotional stuffed animal closer to him.

Tam sat beside Keefe and looked at the plush.
"Does she have a name?" Tam questioned.
"I'm not a child-" Keefe began.
Keefe then seen the look on Tam's face.
"You give her pronouns, that must mean she has a name." Tam stated.
Keefe felt slightly embarrassed.
"... It's Mrs.Stinkbottom."Keefe mumbled.
Tam grinned.
"Wow, what a cute name." Tam said, nudging Keefe.
Keefe could feel Tam's smugness and he didn't like it.

"I thought we came here to talk about this whole feelings and shitty thing I did to you than my emotional stuffed animal?" Keefe said.
Tam raised his hands in the air in defense.
"Well hey- emotional stuffed animal?" Tam grinned.
Keefe looked away from Tam, now feeling extremely embarrassed.
Tam rested his head on Keefe's shoulder.

"Ah, don't be like that. I'm just messing with you." Tam said.
"I don't like it." Keefe grumbled, now glancing at Tam who rested on him.
"Mmh, really? Wow, I can't imagine how you are feeling right now." Tam stated, looking at Keefe as he lifted his head.
"... How many times do I have to apologise for that?" Keefe questioned.
"I didn't mean to do such a cruel prank on you, Tam."

"You're gonna be apologising for the rest of your life, Keefe Sencen." Tam stated, looking into Keefe's eyes as he leaned in closer.
"And you'll have to sit with the fact that the only reason we may or may not get together is because of this cruel prank."
Keefe gulped as he backed away from Tam who had a weird look in his eye.
"... You're a maniac." Keefe said.
Tam shrugged.
"Eh, you like me." Tam said.
"Why? I have no idea."

Keefe looked at Tam and rolled his eyes.
"Well, I like you for many reasons." Keefe said, setting aside his plush and taking Tam's hand into his.
Tam looked down at their hands and they interlocked fingers. Tam looked up at Keefe.
"Go on." Tam said, facing Keefe as he shuffled more onto the bed.
Keefe smiled and he stared at Tam.

"Uhh, well I'm getting used to your bangs." Keefe said, using his other hand to run his fingers through Tam's silver bangs.
Tam raised his eyebrows.
"Oh wow, such a hopeless romantic, I am swooning." Tam said in a monotone voice.
Keefe huffed.

"I also like your smile." Keefe said.
Keefe took his hand away from Tam's hair and Tam bit his lower lip.
"My smile?" Tam questioned.
"I don't even like my smile-"
"It's adorable." Keefe cut off Tam.
"It makes my stomach flutter when I see you smile."
Keefe leaned in, resting his forehead against Tam's forehead.

Tam's cheeks turned red.
"Alright, gosh, stop talking before my heart explodes." Tam said, taking his forehead away from Keefe's.
Keefe smiled at the embarrassed male sat in front of him.

Tam bit his lower lip.
"But, I'm just curious-" Tam began.
"If this is about the stupid prank-" Keefe began.
"Would you have rejected Sophie if you didn't like me? If you hadn't done that prank?" Tam questioned.
Keefe stared at Tam.
"... What?" Keefe questioned.
Tam shrugged.

"I'm curious." Tam stated.
"Sophie confessed to you, and you rejected her because you had feelings for me. If you hadn't realized your feelings, would you?"
Keefe stared at Tam. Tam stared back at Keefe.
"Honestly?" Keefe questioned, raising his eyebrows.
"Honestly." Tam nodded.

Keefe hummed and nodded.
"Uh... I would have rejected her." Keefe said.
Tam squinted his eyes.
"Bullshit-" Tam began.
"Nope, honestly. I would have rejected her. Firstly, she and Fitz used to date and secondly, I think I lost feelings for her like a while ago anyways." Keefe shrugged.
"If she had confessed to me and if I didn't have feelings for you, I would've felt as uncomfortable as I did when she did confess and rejected her."

Tam looked at Keefe.
"Why was she in the library on the day you were gonna reveal your identity?" Tam asked.
"No idea." Keefe said.
"Must've followed me or just spotted me and spoke to me."
Tam hummed.

Keefe looked at Tam.
"Hey! Well, I have an idea!" Keefe exclaimed.
"How about... maybe after school one day, I take you out on a date?"
Tam looked at Keefe.
"I'm not over the whole prank thing." Tam stated.
"Just one date?" Keefe looked at Tam.
Tam looked at Keefe who was making puppy dog eyes at him.

"Ugh, fine, don't make those eyes at me though!" Tam exclaimed, gently shoving Keefe.
Keefe laughed and smiled at Tam.
"Oof, I've found your weakness and a way to get whatever I want from you." Keefe said, a grin on his face.
Tam rolled his eyes.

"Keep this up Sencen, really, it'll make me like you even more."
"Oh I know, that's why I'm acting like this!"

Tam did want to have a more serious talk with Keefe but... a date would be nice anyways. Tam was looking forward for what Keefe would plan for their date.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1065