Chapter 5

"Think there'll be a letter today?" Linh questioned, looking at Tam as they appraoched their lockers.
"I'm pretty sure they've forgotten about me." Tam stated as he and Linh made it to their lockers.
"Oh don't say that." Linh said.

Linh leaned in and licked her DNA strip of her locker.
Tam didn't really pay attention to Linh to see if the strip was tasty or not. He looked at his locker.
"... Does my locker look a little... off to you?" Tam questioned.
Linh gagged as she opened her locker and glanced at Tam's.
"No?" Linh said, confused.

Tam stared at his locker.
"Someone messed with it." Tam stated.
"Maybe it was your secret admirer?" Linh suggested as she got her books.
"Eugh, that taste better leave my mouth soon..."
"Yeah, but the only way to get in is with my DNA." Tam said, looking at Linh.
"Maybe a technopath did it?" Linh shrugged.
"The only technopath we know is Dex." Tam stated.
"And Dex for sure does not like me."
"Maybe Biana got Dex to help?" Linh suggested.
"The two of them are close."

Tam felt unsure. He looked at his locker and sighed as he leaned in and licked the DNA strip. Tam gagged out and he opened his locker.
"Bleh, did Elwin make it vomit flavoured or something?" Tam gagged again.
"Eugh, just... think about something else." Linh stated.
Tam looked into his locker and seen how neatly a box with a letter wrapped on it, as well as another small piece of paper, was sat in his locker.

Tam raised his eyebrows as he took the box. He took the letter and folded piece of paper and handed Linh the box.
Linh stared at the nicely decorated box and held it as Tam read through the letter quietly first.

'Dear Tam,
                    Bet you've lost hope that I'd write to you again, huh? Well, I've been busy deciding what to make you and made you some cupcakes. (I used dark chocolate for the frosting so it wasn't sweet) I noticed you don't seem to like sweet things.

I placed four cupcakes in the box. You can share it with Linh if you'd like. I hope that it tastes good, I haven't had one yet. I would say let me know but... well you don't know who I am. Maybe I'll see you eating it and know if you'll like it.

Seriously though, I hope you like it. I spent practically my whole evening baking this.

I'll maybe make you something else, I don't know. I'll write to you again soon.

~Your Secret
Admirer  '

Tam raised his eyebrows.
"There's cupcakes in the box, you can get that horrid taste out of your mouth if you want one the now." Tam said, looking at Linh as Tam shoved the letter into the envelope and unfolded the other piece of paper.
"Cupcakes?! Oh hell yeah! How many?" Linh asked as she began to open the box.
"Four, so you get two, I'll get the other two." Tam responded.
"Mmh! Ooh it smells good!"Linh exclaimed, grabbing a cupcake for herself once she opened the box.
Linh shut the box and she began to munch on the cupcake while Tam read the small note.

'P.S it was a bit difficult to open up your locker to get this in, hope you don't mind I broke in.
Cute photos hanging on your locker door, did Linh force you to put them up?
Just wondering why you'd scratch out Keefe in the photo. Do you really hate him that much??

Anyways enjoy the cupcakes, I already licked my DNA strip since I got here early and ew, Elwin did not show us mercy. '

Tam couldn't help but smile a little at the last sentence.
Tam stared at the bit that mentioned Keefe though and he glanced at his locker door.

Yes, he hung up some pictures there and yes, Linh forced him to have some pictures there.
Linh, Tam, and their friends. Or well, their friends and Keefe, took a photo together and everyone got a copy.
Linh also forced Tam to put up a photo of him and her.