Chapter 38

"I'm both looking forward to this and also not looking forward to this." Biana stated, setting down a bowl of some sort of weird food called 'crisps'.
Keefe frowned at Biana as Dex was setting up the movies and making sure his gadget worked.
Fitz was next to Dex, asking questions about his gadget and how he made it. Fitz always loved hearing Dex ramble on and on about his gadgets and how complicated it was.
"How come?" Keefe asked, looking at Biana as she dug through the bag of human sweets.
"Well, you and Tam are gonna be all flirty and cuddly and Fitz and Dex are gonna be the exact same way." Biana stated.
"Linh, Sophie and I have to suffer with that."

Keefe hummed as Biana got out a packet of gummy worms. Biana furrowed her eyebrows at the colourful sweet and she looked at Keefe.
"What is this...?" Biana questioned.
"Gummy worms. I had a packet as soon as Dex and I bought it." Keefe said.
"They're...strange, sort of nice!"
Biana hummed, setting out the other sweets.

Suddenly Biana's imparter went off. Biana grabbed it and she glanced at the message she got.
"Oh, Linh, Tam and Sophie are here. I'll go greet them and get them here." Biana stated, walking off.
Keefe glanced at the couple who were both smiling at one another.
"Oi, lovebirds. The guests have arrived!" Keefe exclaimed.
Dex and Fitz instantly glanced over towards Keefe's direction.
"Hey, you and Tam are way worse than we are!" Fitz exclaimed as he went over to the Empath while Dex tinkered with his gadget and the movies a bit more.
"Oh come on, no we are not-" Keefe began.

"Fitz isn't wrong."
Keefe felt arms wrap around his waist and his heart fluttered as he glanced back at Tam, smiling at his boyfriend.
"Heyy, we're not that bad, are we?" Keefe question, turning around to face Tam.
Tam shrugged, scrunching up his face slightly. "Ehhh...."
"Yes, you guys are incredibly lovey dovey." Linh stated as she went over to find a seat on the floor of the living room, nearby the snacks.
"I've seen you guys around at Foxfire and it's...sometimes sickening." Sophie stated.
Tam and Keefe looked at Sophie. Sophie cleared her throat, feeling a little uncomfortable.

"What movie are we watching first?" Linh asked, quickly avoiding any more awkwardness between the three.
Dex looked over at Keefe.
"Uh...what do you wanna put on?" Dex asked, glancing at all the DVDs they had.
Keefe took Tam's hands away from him as he went over to Dex, crouching down next to him.
"Uhh...this one!" Keefe pointed to a DVD, unable to read what it was called.
Dex looked at it and he tilted his head.
"Uh...okay." Dex grabbed the DVD and began to set it up.
Keefe got back up and he looked over to see Tam sat next Linh. Keefe went over and sat beside Tam while Biana sat down at a spot next to Sophie and Fitz was sat away, waiting for his boyfriend to come and join him.

The movie began to play and Sophie seemed to snicker out as she recognised the movie.
"Lego Batman? Really?" Sophie looked at Keefe.
Keefe looked at Sophie.
"Well, it looked more interesting than the movies with the real people on the cover!" Keefe exclaimed.
"Plus Dex also preferred how it looked too."
"Keefe mostly got it cause he seen the symbol of the bat and he remembered when he wore that shirt with the same logo." Dex said as soon as he sat beside Fitz.
Fitz instantly rested his head on Dex's shoulder and Dex smiled slightly at Fitz.

"Have you seen this before?" Biana asked Sophie.
"Uh, I haven't watched the movie but I've seen the posters and stuff for it." Sophie stated.
"I watched the Lego Movie though."
"There's a film called the Lego Movie?!" Keefe exclaimed.
"Dex!!"
"Wha- hey, I can't control what a store sells!" Dex exclaimed, looking at the Empath.
Keefe frowned and Tam snickered at Keefe's expression.
Keefe looked at Tam and Tam smiled at him, quickly reaching up and kissing his cheek.

"Alright guys, settle down! I wanna see how this goes!" Linh exclaimed, her eyes drawn to the movie playing in front of them.

*****