Chapter 40

Keefe couldn't believe it.
He and Tam had been dating for a year now. One full whole year.
And right now? They were both outside of the Matchmakers office with their lists rolled up in their hands.

"I'm scared." Tam stated, looking at Keefe as they walked alongside each other in the streets of Atlantis.
"I'm scared too." Keefe sighed out.
"I mean...is it possible to get a guy on your list? "
Tam felt his stomach churn, feeling nauseous.
"I mean...I know it's to find your perfect partner for a powerful kid but..." Tam trailed off.
Tam looked up ahead and seen familiar faces.
"...and our friends are waiting by that cafe up ahead."
Keefe looked at Tam confused and he looked ahead to see Biana, Fitz, Dex, Linh and Sophie crowded outside of a cafe, waving the two of them over.
"Uh what are they doing here?" Keefe asked as he and Tam began to make their way towards their friends.
"I told Linh we were getting our list today so she must've told the others and now they're here to see if we got each other on our lists." Tam sighed.
"I guess we got to share our lists with them then..." Keefe sighed out.

"Hey guys!" Keefe exclaimed as he and Tam approached their friends.
"Hey! Have you opened them yet?" Linh asked, looking excited.
"Not yet." Tam said, smiling slightly.
"Great! Sophie, Fitz and Dex got their lists earlier today and when they found out you were getting yours today, they decided you guys should open them up all together!" Linh smiled.
"You didn't get your list?" Keefe asked, looking at Linh.
Linh shrugged.
"I'm in no rush." Linh said.
"Biana, you didn't get yours either?" Tam asked, looking at Biana.
Biana shook her head.
"I'm in no rush either." Biana smiled.
"Anyways! I am quite hungry, so let's head in and let's see who your matches are!"

The seven of them settled down in the cafe, managing to find a table where they could fit and their orders had been taken.
Keefe and Tam were sitting next to one another. Tam kept fiddling with his list and Keefe could feel the anxiety radiate from Tam.
Sophie sat across Keefe with Linh beside her, across from Tam, and Biana was sat beside Linh. Fitz and Dex were seated next to Keefe and Tam. They both seemed much calmer and relaxed about their packets and Sophie was also a little worried about her list too.

"Tam, you need to relax. I can hear you grinding your teeth together." Linh said, looking at her brother with worry.
"I can't relax!" Tam exclaimed, looking at Linh.
"I mean, I just-" 
Tam took a deep breath and Keefe gently took Tam's hand into his.
"Hey." Keefe softly said, bringing Tam's hand up to his lips.
Keefe gently peppered the back of Tam's hand with small sweet kisses.
"No matter what, even if our names aren't on each other's lists...I'm not gonna break up with you, okay?"
Tam's heart fluttered as he looked at Keefe.
"...If we aren't on each other's lists can we get another list in a few months again?" Tam asked.
"We can." Keefe smiled at Tam, squeezing his hand.

Sophie cleared her throat.
"So, are we going to open our lists then?" Sophie smiled at Keefe, Tam, Fitz and Dex.
"Mmh, here goes nothing." Fitz sighed as he opened his list and scanned through the names.
Dex opened the list out too, as did Sophie. They quietly read through the names and Sophie's eyes seemed to light up when she saw the first person on her list.
Keefe took his hand away from Tam's and opened up his list. As Keefe opened his list, Tam took a deep breath as he opened his.
Tam's fingers were trembling as he opened the list of names. He shut his eyes for a moment and sighed. God, his heart was beating so fast...

Keefe looked at Tam and he set down his list on his lap as he faced Tam.
"Hey, Tam." 
Tam opened his eyes as he faced Keefe.
Keefe was smiling at him.
"Just...look at it, it'll be fine." Keefe said.
Tam looked at Keefe and saw how sure Keefe was.
"...Am I on your-?" Tam began.
"You gotta look at your list to know your answer~!" Keefe grinned.
Tam gulped and he looked at his list.
Tam blinked and the nerves had finally calmed down as he let out a sigh of relief.
Tam rested his head on Keefe's shoulder and laughed softly.
"You got each other on your lists?!" Linh exclaimed, leaning over the table.
"Let me see! Let me seee!!"
Keefe pecked Tam's forehead before he handed his list to Linh.
Linh snatched Keefe's list and looked at the first name. Linh began to smile.
"Awhh!! You're first on Keefe's list!" Linh exclaimed.

"Wait, what?" Sophie questioned.
Biana looked at Sophie, raising her eyebrow.
"Who did you get first on your list?" Biana asked.
"uh...Keefe." Sophie said, looking at Biana.
A silence overcame at the table.
"You what?" Fitz questioned, looking at Sophie.
Sophie held her list over to Fitz.
"See?" Sophie said.
"And you're fifth on my list, Fitz."
Fitz scanned the list and he raised his eyebrows.
"Huh... Tam, where is Keefe on your list?" Fitz asked, looking at the Song twin who was sort of staring at Sophie with a slight glare.
"...He's first on my list too." Tam stated.
Linh raised her eyebrows as she handed Keefe back his list and Tam gave Linh his list.
Linh scanned Tam's list.
"Huh... yeah, Keefe is first on Tam's list too."

"Keefe, do you have Sophie on your list somewhere?" Dex asked, looking at the blonde empath.
Keefe furrowed his eyebrows as he scanned through his list.
"uhh..." Keefe scanned right near the bottom.
"83rd name on my list."
"Huh, oh well." Sophie shrugged.
"I'm...happy that you two have each other as your first name."
Tam looked at Sophie's smile and he furrowed his eyebrows.
"Yeahh...thanks." Tam said.
Keefe looked at Tam.
"Oi, be nice." Keefe whispered towards his boyfriend.
Keefe quickly kissed Tam's cheek.
"We are meant to be, my love."
Tam's cheeks turned red from embarrassment.
"Mmhmm.." Tam quietly hummed, flustered.
"Linh, give me my list back please?"
Linh handed her brother his list and Tam rolled it up again, holding it in his hands.

"What about you two?" Tam asked, looking at Fitz and Dex.
Everyone now looked at the couple.
"Fitz is the 7th name on my list." Dex said, smiling.
"Dex is the 15th on my list." Fitz stated.
"Awhh!" Biana smiled.
"Well, that's good then! You guys got each other on your lists!" 
Biana glanced between the two couples.
"The real question is who Sophie is going to pick from her list." Linh said, glancing at the blonde.
Sophie sighed as she rolled up her list. She smiled at everyone.
"I'm not sure. I think I'll leave it for now." Sophie said.

"Well, can we see who else is on the list?"
"Mmh...I'm not sure-"
"Oh come on Soph!"
"...Okay, sure, here."

As everyone else began to drift off into their own conversations, Keefe leaned in closer to Tam, his lips close to Tam's ear. Tam felt shiver down his spine as soon as Keefe leaned in so close. He gulped as Keefe whispered into his ear.
"I was thinking...since we got each other on our lists that maybe we should celebrate later on? My place?" Keefe whispered.
Tam turned his head to face the blonde.
"Won't your dad be there-?" Tam questioned.
"He's working late again and this time he won't be back until tomorrow evening." Keefe said, looking at Tam.
"So...we'd be alone."
Tam felt a smile on his face.
"Mmh...okay, I'll come by later on then." Tam said.
"Can't wait." Keefe smiled, leaning in.
Keefe gently kissed Tam but not long enough for Tam to kiss him back as Fitz and Biana began to tease the empath by whistling at them.

Keefe sighed as he glared at the Vacker siblings.
"Really guys? Why do you do this every time I kiss Tam?" Keefe questioned.
"It's funny." Fitz grinned.
"Yeah, plus it stops you guys from being gay so~" Biana said.
"Biana, I never knew you were so homophobic." Tam said, glancing at Biana with a grin on his face.
Biana rolled her eyes.
"Yeah, I just hate the gays so much." Biana said, looking at Tam.
"That's why I'm surrounded by them 24/7."
Tam smiled and laughed slightly, causing Biana to giggle as well.

Keefe wrapped his arm around Tam and Tam rested his head onto Keefe's shoulder. Keefe let out a sigh of satisfaction. Keefe was incredibly overjoyed with how the day was going. And Keefe was even more excited with how the rest of the day would go, especially since he and Tam would have alone time together at the Shores of Solace.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1383

A/N: Okay, I know it's probably not likely to be able to get the same gender on your lists as the matchmaking thing is for people to be able to create a kid with powerful abilities but c'mon, I'm not gonna put the boys through more angst, am I?