Chapter 27

"I'm a little surprised Linh agreed to you being over." Keefe stated as Tam slung his bag filled with clothes and his imparter onto the floor of Keefe's bedroom.
"I told her your dad would supervise us." Tam stated, looking at Keefe.
"So no mentioning that we were left alone or else she's gonna actually kill me."
Keefe hummed, nodding.
"Gotcha." Keefe said.

Tam then sat on Keefe's bed as Keefe went over to one of his drawers and looked through some swimming trunks.
"... We're gonna go to the beach right away?" Tam questioned.
"Yep! Why not?" Keefe smiled at Tam.
"Get your swimming trunks on and let's go have some fun!"

Tam shuffled uncomfortably.
"... Uh, I don't think I'll want to go swimming soo..." Tam shrugged.
Keefe frowned slightly.
"Huh... oh well." Keefe shrugged.
"I'll be back! I'm just gonna get changed into my trunks then!"
Keefe grabbed a pair of swimming trunks and he shut the drawer, quickly walking away.
Tam raised his eyebrows as Keefe just went like that. No questions asked. It made Tam smile.

It took a couple minutes before Keefe strolled back in, in just a pair of red swimming trunks along with a towel wrapped around his neck with another towel in hand.
"Here you go Tammy! Just in case you do get in the water, or well... something you could lay on or sit on while on the sand!" Keefe said, handing Tam the towel in his hand.
Tam raised his eyebrows as he looked at Keefe up and down.

"... Why do you have a scar right here?" Tam questioned, delicately tracing his fingers over the scar under Keefe's ribs.
Keefe felt shiver down his spine as soon as Tam touched him. His cheeks turned red and his brain took a moment to function again.
"Uh, when I fought with King Dimitar. He slashed me there and uh yeah. Battle scar, whoo!" Keefe grinned nervously.
Tam glanced up at Keefe and seen how red his face was.

"Is me touching your scar making you flustered, Sencen~?" Tam grinned, teasing the blonde.
Keefe gulped.
"Yes?" Keefe said, looking down at Tam.
"I mean, you're uh..."
Keefe was too flushed to speak or even finish a sentence.
Tam snickered as he took his hand away from Keefe.
"God, relax Keefe." Tam said as he got up, draping the towel over his shoulder.

Tam gently pecked Keefe's cheek.
"Let's grab some snacks and head out to the beach." Tam said, gently patting Keefe's cheek which he had just kissed.
Keefe's heart was beating like crazy as Tam walked off, leaving the bedroom.
Keefe groaned as he ran his fingers through his hair.
"C'mon Loverboy!"
Keefe felt his cheeks warm and he grumbled as he left the bedroom, following Tam towards the kitchen to grab snacks.

*****

Tam was sat on the towel which was laid on top of the sand.
Tam looked over to see Keefe messing about in the ocean, he kept reaching down and tried to look for some crabs, or some sort of aquatic creature. It was cute.
The weather wasn't all too bad. It could've been worse, it was okay weather for a beach day though.
Tam felt slightly guilty he wasn't in the ocean with Keefe but... he felt iffy about the ocean.
It wasn't as if he was scared, no. It's just... he didn't know how to explain it.

"Tam! Tam!"
Tam looked up to see Keefe running over to him, something trapped in his hands.
Tam reluctantly backed away as Keefe got closer.
"What do you have...?" Tam questioned, squinting his eyes at the blonde.
"A crab!" Keefe exclaimed.
"Little rascal kept running and hiding! Look!"
Keefe uncupped his hands and held the crab down for Tam to see.
Tam looked at it.

He felt queasy looking at the creature.
"Oh... nice..." Tam said, not wanting to back away to offend Keefe but also just not wanting to be anywhere close to the little thing in Keefe's hands.
Keefe noticed how Tam was acting.
"Do you not like crabs?" Keefe asked.
Tam gave Keefe an awkward smile.
"Not really, no."
Keefe hummed and nodded.
"I'll put him back, uh, get any sand off my towel will you?" Keefe asked as he covered the crab with his other hand again.
Keefe then turned around and ran back to the ocean.
Tam looked at the towel next to him, which wasn't blown away yet due to the placed their bag of treats on top of it.
Tam gently moved the bag and held the towel up, shaking off any sand and holding it for Keefe for when he came back.