Chapter 21

"Woah, you have a lot of gadgets here." Biana said, looking about Dex's bedroom.
"Yeah well it's the only place where the triplets can't interrupt my privacy." Dex said as he rummaged through a box of old gadgets he made.
Linh looked about too.

"So, you have something that you could use to get Keefe and Tam to talk to each other?" Linh questioned.
"Well, there's this lock I made a little while ago." Dex said.
"Uh, I need to edit it and readjust stuff but it should work good for them."
"How does it work?" Biana asked as she sat down on Dex's bed.
Linh sat down beside Biana.

"Once the two people are in the room, we place the lock on the outside and switch it on. It will automatically unlock itself once their problems are resolved." Dex explained.
"I added this part from an old imparter and adjusted some of it to make it able to hear and detect tones. So if there's shouting, anger, then it will stay locked. We can't unlock it ourselves until the lock hears like... a happier tone. I can't explain it really, it's a bit more complex than that."

Biana and Linh looked at each other.
" Right, okay... "Linh nodded.
"It works on any door?"
"Should work on any door, any room." Dex nodded.
"What if they don't make up? What if they have a crystal and light-leap away?" Biana asked.
"We'll take their crystals away." Dex stated.
"We can blindfold them and we can force them in a room in one of our places."

"Can we unlock it from the outside?" Biana asked.
Dex shook his head.
"Once it's locked on the door and they're in there, they'll be the only people who can get out." Dex said.
Linh bit her lower lip.
"I don't like the sound of that." Linh said.
"What if they're in there for days?"
"We'll give them snacks and drinks beforehand. We'll take their imparter as well." Dex stated.

Biana and Linh looked at each other.
"It's better than them not talking." Biana said.
"What about school?" Linh questioned.
"We can do it tomorrow, after school and then they'll have the whole weekend to make up." Biana stated.
"And if they don't make up by Sunday, then well they'll miss out on school."

Linh took a deep breath and fiddled with her hair.
"Mmh... I don't know..." Linh mumbled.
"Where will we lock them?"
"I have this extra bedroom, it also has a bathroom connected to it so we don't have to worry about their bladders." Biana said.
"We can lock them in our place in Everglen. You and Dex can stay over to make sure they'll be okay. We'll take turns every few hours to make sure they try to talk."

Dex looked at Linh and Biana as he held this door lock in his hand. Biana and Linh looked at Dex's gadget.
"You want anything out of this?" Biana asked.
Dex shook his head.
"I get to test out my gadget, hopefully Tam and Keefe make up, I'll be happy." Dex said.
Biana nodded.

"Right, uh I'll text you guys then after school tomorrow with what time you should swing by and when everything is ready. Make sure Tam is blindfolded, I'll make sure Keefe is blindfolded or distracted by something too." Biana said, looking at the two.
"Dex, you'll bring the lock tomorrow?"
"Yep." Dex nodded.
"Linh, you'll bring Tam? Take all his crystals off him?" Biana questioned, looking at Linh.
Linh nodded.

"Great, I will go back to Everglen and let Fitz know what we're gonna do." Biana smiled.
"See you guys tomorrow."
Biana grabbed her home crystal.
"Yeah, I should go and make sure Tam eats something." Linh sighed, grabbing her crystal too.
"See you guys."
"Good luck with Tam and Keefe." Dex said, smiling at the two.
Linh and Biana smiled at Dex and nodded.

They both brought their crystals up and light-leapt back home.
Dex looked down at his gadget and fidgeted with it.

He hoped that his gadget would work and that Keefe and Tam would go back to normal.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 681

A/N: Kind of a short chapter but I wanted to include Dex a bit more in the fic so here is our beloved Technopath being included <3