Chapter 17

Elwin sighed as he entered the Healing Center.
He had to go check on a student who 'fainted' in class. They apparently just wanted to get out of a test, so he went over there for no reason.

Elwin made his way to his office and he stopped when he heard a sniffle.
Elwin furrowed his eyebrows and he reluctantly entered his office.
He seen Keefe, sat on his chair, his face buried in his knees.
Keefe was fiddling with his hands.

Elwin sighed out.
"Keefe-" Elwin began.
Keefe looked at Elwin. Elwin frowned as he seen how Keefe's face was wet and his eyes were puffy.
Elwin grabbed a chair and he dragged it over in front of Keefe. He sat down and gently rested his hand on Keefe's shoulder.

"Alright, talk to me." Elwin said softly.
Keefe took a deep breath, wiping his face with his sleeve.
"I'm... really confused." Keefe whispered out.
"About my feelings."
Elwin frowned.
"... Is this about that prank you did towards Tam?"
Keefe nodded.

"What did I tell you-?"
"I don't want to be scolded Elwin." Keefe scowled.
Elwin sighed out.
"You're right, I'm sorry. What's up?" Elwin asked, looking at Keefe.
Keefe rested his feet down onto the ground and he fiddled with his hands.

"I don't know how I feel about Tam." Keefe said.
"I mean, like... we're becoming friends and a whole lot closer than we ever were before but..."
Keefe gulped.
Keefe took a deep breath before he continued.
"I don't know if I want to... just be friends with him."

Elwin looked at Keefe. Keefe stared at Elwin, looking really upset and confused. Elwin ruffled Keefe's hair.
"Ah, look kid. You have feelings for Tam, okay?" Elwin said.
"You don't have to like confess to Tam straight away but, just make sure that these letters, if you're still sending them, then they're actually genuine."

"They have been getting more genuine recently though!" Keefe exclaimed.
"I swear, I'm not messing with him anymore!"
Elwin smiled at Keefe.
"See? Good start. Just... this journey, finding yourself, may be difficult at times, okay? I've seen it before." Elwin said.
Keefe nodded.
Elwin gently rubbed Keefe's shoulders and Keefe felt a lump in his throat. Elwin was extremely kind to him.

"Hail me if you ever need to talk, come to me if you ever need to talk. I am here for you, and I'm sure Fitz will be there for you too." Elwin stated.
"This journey will be filled with many emotions. Don't be afraid to seek help or comfort."
Keefe smiled at Elwin.

"... Am I... like gay then?" Keefe questioned.
Elwin sucked in a breath.
"Uh... well, you liked Sophie before, didn't you? So you could be bisexual." Elwin said.
Keefe blinked blankly at Elwin.
"Someone who is bisexual is someone who likes two genders, female and male. You can have a preference or it's just half and half." Elwin explained.

"Do your research on this stuff as well. Maybe Fitz and Dex could help with that."
Keefe nodded.
"Okay, thank you." Keefe said.
Elwin smiled.
"It's no problem, Keefe." Elwin said.
"Take care of yourself. Make sure you don't hurt Tam or anyone else."
Keefe fidgeted with his cape.

"Could I... just help around the Healing Center today?"
" Yeah, why not? If anyone asks, I needed the help."
"Got it, Elwin. Thanks, again."

*****

"I cannot believe you harmed yourself in alchemy."
Elwin was staring at Sophie's hand, gently holding it and tilting his head, examining it. Sophie winced as Elwin gently poked at it.
"Elwin, please stop touching it." Sophie said.

"I thought you didn't have any incidents in alchemy since like the first year you were here." Keefe said.
Keefe was stood by Elwin who was sat in front of Sophie.
"Yeah well I've had a lot of my mind." Sophie mumbled.