36th Games - Underdog

This year's Games were known for a few rigged reapings rather than their iconic victor that seemed to be an underdog.

Reaping

District 12 seemed rather normal except for a bit of an outburst. This outburst came from a baby who was hungry. When a girl walked towards the 2 year old to stop it from crying, she was stopped by her mother and dragged to the stage. The girl was 18 year old Fall Ramirez. Fall held her child that she had named Autumn as her other one named Heat. Emmeline swallowed as she revealed that the boy chosen was 18 year old Edit Abernathy. Edit's two children, Haymitch and Ralph, hugged him tight before he left as he kissed his wife.

District 7 was rather somber as the youths lined up in the square. Emmeline picked up the name of 16 year old Everie Greene. Everie was visited by her friend Winter and her girlfriend Limbera. As Emmeline pulled out the name of the guy, she then revealed the name of the male tribute to be 16 year old Hail Storm. Hail was visited by his mom who hugged him. When the pair walked up to the stage, they nodded in mutual respect as they shook hands.

District 4 had a regular reaping ceremony. However, when Emmeline reached into the bowl of the female tributes, she stared at the rest of the youths when she made eye contact with one specific tribute. She read the name of 18 year old Glitz Lucas. Glitz swallowed as her twin brother Gem volunteered. They were visited by their mother who was the mayor of the district as she berated them.

Scandal

The scores were illegally released to the public this year with Narcissius (1) earning a score of 9, Kore (1) also earned a score of 9. Soldiera and Barrack (both 2) earned the highest scores this year with scoring an 11 and a 10 respectively. Gem and Glitz scored a 7, while Everie scored a 6. Hail scored a 5 for using an axe. Priestly (8) scored a three which did not sit well with his mentor Petrozza. Edit and Fall both scored a 6 which was respectable for their district.

Games

This year's Games took place in a festival. Fall and Edit stared at each other with anticipation at what would happen. Everie crossed her fingers as Hail intimidated Couture, a move in which her district partner deemed as disrespectful. Gem and Glitz laughed at their antics, calling Hail an "amateur". This infuriated Hail as the gong sounded. Gem got into a fight with Priestly as she grabbed some supplies. As she was about to snap his neck, the first cannon boomed out, distracting Gem and giving Priestly the chance to stab Gem in the head, sounding her cannon. When the gong sounded, Everie grabbed an axe and chucked it directly at the girl (6), hitting her in the head and killing her. When she noticed Gem look up from her fight, she shouted at Priestly "do it now!" She then ran as Gem's cannon sounded. Hail grabbed an axe as well and ran after he got some food. Glitz saw Priestly stab Gem, and as he was about to stab Priestly, Edit tackled the boy and killed him instantly. Fall nodded as he ran. Edit and Fall ran together from the cornucopia after Edit killed Glitz. As three cannons sounded from the bloodbath, Everie and Hail collapsed on the ground, out of breath from the fight. The joked that the bloodbath was "a long and winded talent show" which earned a few laughs. When Fall and Edit continued to run, the people in viewer's square showed up to see Priestly stand up as the body of Glitz was lifted off of him. When Hail ran back to the cornucopia, he noticed Gem being lifted off too. Everie looked at the girl (3) and watched as she grabbed the spear from the middle of the cornucopia. It was noted that Narcissius (1) stared at his district partner Kore as they looked at each other to plot revenge against Barrack and Soldiera (both 2). The boy (6) ducked as his weapon was being flung around by Geo (5). However, Edit noticed Fall spear a tent to get a hole there. People were annoyed at the fact that she would destroy something like that which was made from silk. On day 1, the girl (3) got caught in a fight with Couture (8) who easily took out the younger girl. Echo (3) watched from afar as the girl killed Couture in a swift manner rather than a long and winded one, adding that it "was quite impressive considering how small and young she is." That night, the fallen tributes were shown to be Gem (4), Glitz (4), the girl (6), and Couture (8).