44th Games - "Third Generation"

This year's victor carried on a family legacy and was known for her "floater" capabilities.

Reaping Ceremonies

In district 3, Brutus pulled out the name of the girl 12 year old Mathematical Error. However, a girl volunteered in her place. Her name was revealed to be 16 year old Lighter Error. Viewers looked on in disgust at the girl's dress being incredibly dirty. The boy chosen was 16 year old Flame Martinez. Flame cursed but shook hands elegantly with his district partner as he was dressed in a rather prietine yellow suit. Flame was visited by his boyfriend who told him to come home. He nodded and said he would. Lighter was visited by her sister who was angry at her for volunteering in her place.

District 1 was rather calm during the reaping ceremony. When Brutus asked if anyone volunteered, nobody did. This shocked him as he muttered "Ok, but don't say I didn't warn you." He drew the name of the female tribute, which was 15 year old Beauty Ritschlund. Beauty looked over at the victors as her dad cursed under their breath. Her grandma cheered her on. The boy chosen was 16 year old Blaed Mitchellson. Blaed swallowed and walked forward. Blaed was visited by his parents who told him he could win. Beauty was visited by her mother and siblings, asking her to return. She told her family that it would be ok.

Games

This year's arena was a beach. Very few weapons were in the cornucopia while the rest were hidden all around the arena. Beauty stared at her district partner and boyfriend, Blaed. As Bijou stared at her tribute, Lux looked at Blaed with fear, stating to himself "we know where nice guys finish." As he closed his eyes, Lighter stared at Flame while everyone else looked around. During the countdown, a few of the tributes looked at each other with fear as they saw the bloodthirsty eyes of Magnet (5). Magnet looked over at the crowd and smiled, staring into the gaze of Cleaver (2). When the gong sounded, Magnet attempted to slash Beauty's leg in order to cause her to bleed to death but Beauty dodged it and watched as Magnet fell into the sand after Beauty swept underneath the girl's leg. Cleaver and Blaed bumped into each other and began to engage in a fight. As Blaed stabbed Cleaver in the knee, Cleaver punched Blaed in the face. Lighter and Flame stared at the exits and ran after Lighter grabbed some supplies. Flame went into the bloodbath but failed to escape unscathed as he accidentally got scratched by a knife from Lincoln (6) that ended up killing Brew (9) as it buried itself into Brew's head. As Blaed got up from his fight after knocking Cleaver to the ground, Beauty hugged and kissed her boyfriend as she watched Magnet escape. Cleaver ran into her partner Fight as they hugged. As Beauty stabbed the boy (9) in the chest, the two bloodbath cannons sounded. When the careers ran in opposite directions to go hunting for tributes, Beauty and Blaed walked to the left and looked over at the pair (12), deeming them the "weak ones." As Aurora wound up her wrist, Aalish stopped her and told her to watch. As Blaed noticed something was off about the boy (12), he threw a knife at the boy hitting him in the head and sounding his cannon. Lighter and Flame tiptoed around to see both tributes from 2 walking around. When the rest of the tributes were hiding, Fight spotted the 3s and shouted "Hey!" whole running towards them. The pair looked at each other and muttered "oh fuck" before sprinting away from the pair. However, they were eventually tackled and killed as Fight and Cleaver returned to the cornucopia. Beauty whimpered at the sound of the two cannons and hugged her allies when she saw them enter the cornucopia, muttering how scared she was for them. Cleaver chuckled and told her that she was happy nothing happened to the supplies, saddening Beauty at the girl's vanity. That night, Fight caught Blaed and Beauty "having sex on the beach." Shortly after the scandalous spectacle had ended, Beauty looked up to see the fallen tributes, which were shown to be Flame (3), Lighter (3), the boy (9), Brew (9), and the boy (12). This left 19 tributes remaining.

On night 1, a cannon sounded as Wovey (8) stabbed Lee (11) in the chest with a sword. Yet, Lee stabbed Wovey in the head as he fell over, sounding her cannon as well. As Beauty suggested that the group stays in the cornucopia after hearing the two cannons, the others laughed. Cleaver decided to go hunting for tributes but disguised it as having to relieve herself. While Cleaver was hunting, she spotted Spinner who had earned a high score in training assessments. However, when Cleaver found a good hiding spot, what she didn't realize was that Spinner (8) was behind her as he sneakily stabbed the knife into the back of her brain, causing her to immediately stop moving. As Cleaver's cannon sounded, Fight sobbed as he saw his dying district partner. However, Spinner tackled the boy as they got into a fight. Citizens laughed at the profanity. However, when Spinner threatened to kill Fight in the same manner that Lee was killed, Clem did something that was replicated 30 years later. When Clem heard Lee's name, she grabbed the boy and shoved him against a coconut tree. She then asked him if he killed Lee. When he shakily said no, he shouted for Wovey, not knowing she was dead. However, Clem shouted "YOU SAID HIS NAME!" and bashed him against the tree. After two bashes, she grabbed a coconut (which revealed a hidden knife), and smacked it on his head before throwing him to the side. As his cannon boomed out, Fight shouted "Holy shit!" as Clem told him "just this once. For Lee." As Fight ran away, he gave an update as to what happened. Beauty whimpered and hugged Blaed who held her tight. On day 2, everyone stayed where they were, except for Clem, who stabbed the boy (10). As the pair got into a fight, Clem easily overpowered the boy and killed him. When Beauty heard this cannon, she muttered "14" under her breath. As Beauty fell asleep, Blaed noted that the fallen tributes were revealed to be Cleaver (2), Wovey (8), Spinner (8), the boy (10), and Lee (11).

On day 3, when Beauty woke up, she heard loud moaning. She noticed that Blaed was making out with Fight. As she saw this, she ran from the cornucopia and away from the alliance. In the capitol, many citizens screamed "I knew it!" and "that cheating bastard!" At some point, she saw the body of Aqua (4), who was shot in the eye with an arrow by Magnet. At some point, Beauty dropped her knife while running away. Yet, she bumped into Magnet and started sobbing. Magnet's demeanor immediately changed as she asked the girl what was wrong. Beauty was so incoherent as to what she was trying to say that she ultimately ended up pointing to the cornucopia. Magnet went "let me handle this. You stay here with Clem and try to recover." As Beauty and Clem talked about their home lives, Magnet snuck up behind Fight as the boys remained completely naked, which was censored in later replays. At one point, Magnet camouflaged herself into the sand as the boys stopped, noticing that Beauty wasn't around. However, as Blaed went searching for Beauty, Fight went in the opposite direction. Magnet called Blaed and Fight "cheaters" and added "they never win, you bastards." Magnet ultimately rammed her sword (which she had found a few days earlier after her fall in the bloodbath) into Fight. As Magnet ran away, Blaed heard the cannon and screamed out for Fight. However, his scream attracted the boy (5) and the girl (12), who ganged up on him. As he swore, the boy grabbed him and snapped his neck. As the girl killed the boy, sponsors gasped while Lux sighed in relief. However, Twin had a realization that her granddaughter was the only career remaining. When Magnet returned, she went "all taken care of. Blaed died at the hands of two outliers and I killed Fight." Beauty frowned as this news was revealed. Thankfully, a few hours later, the fallen tributes were shown in the sky. That night, they were revealed to be Blaed (1), Fight (2), Aqua (4), and the boy (5). The final 10 were Beauty (1), Caspian (4), Magnet (5), Lincoln (6), Nebraska (6), the pair (7), the girl (10), Clem (11), and the girl (12).

The feast occurred the next day. The only tribute not to go was the girl (12). Lincoln stabbed Caspian with his weapon while Nebraska was killed by the girl (7). However, the girl (7) was killed by Magnet. Beauty ended up killing Magnet just a few minutes later while Clem stabbed the boy (7). After Clem was murdered by Lincoln, the six cannons of the feast sounded. Yet, Beauty seemed to feel remorse for killing Magnet and not saving Blaed. As Lincoln walked around, he heard a brief sob after reading a note nearby that said 'leave me to die'. He then looked over to see Beauty holding an empty pill container. As he ran over, Lux turned away and muttered "I can't watch." As Lincoln started CPR, he muttered "come on girl. You can survive this. Come on, breathe. Just breathe and cough up the medicine." After an excruciating hour, Beauty threw up the medicine as Lincoln sighed in relief and muttered "glad it didn't go down in death like it did with Omaha." Citizens awed as he kept an eye on her. That night, the fallen tributes were shown to be Caspian (4), Magnet (5), Nebraska (6), the boy (7), the girl (7), and Clem (11), leaving only four tributes remaining and an inevitable finale for the next day.

A few hours into his shift, he heard Beauty groan a little bit. He rushed over and saw her eyes open as she whispered "what happened?" As Lincoln hugged her, he went "you overdosed. You're safe now though." As she cried and repeatedly apologized, Lincoln continued to hug her and whispered "it's gonna be ok." However, as he spotted the girl (10) approaching them, he told her "duck." As she turned around and spotted the girl, she did so as he threw a knife at the girl (10), hitting her in the arm. However, she threw her spear a split second before the knife hit her. As her spear hit Lincoln in the stomach, he stumbled backwards and whispered "shit." When the girl (10) collapsed in pain, Beauty tossed a knife at the girl (12) who was about to kill Lincoln. It hit her in the arm as well. As Beauty tackled the girl (10), Lincoln tackled the girl (12). As the girl (12) whimpered in pain, she stabbed Lincoln where his wound was, causing him to yell in pain. However, he stabbed the girl in the heart repeatedly. When her cannon sounded, he heard Beauty scream in pain as the other girl attempted to kill Beauty through a painful slash to the throat. Lincoln weakly stabbed the girl through the head, sounding her cannon. As Lincoln collapsed, Beauty brushed his hair back as he congratulated her. Beauty frowned and said "you'll be ok." As his cannon sounded, it was revealed that 15 year old Beauty Ritschlund was the victor of the 44th Hunger Games. Lux shouted "Yeah, boy!" Adheka congratulated Lux on their victory. Lux gave his condolences to Adheka about Lincoln, telling him "Link seemed like a strong player." The two victors stayed close for the rest of their lives.

Aftermath

After winning, Beauty dated a girl named Lindsey and ended up adopting two children, Gloss and Cashmere, who would win their games one year after the other. Unfortunately, Beauty would die in a car crash two years after both of her children won.