43rd Games - Serial Killer

This year's Games had a strong victor who eventually crumbled into a state of vulnerability.

Reaping Ceremony

District 8 was a quiet ceremony with the girl chosen having been 13 year old Wool Prada. Wool whimpered as she walked forward. However, the boy chosen was 15 year old Weave Ramirez. Weave walked forward with a stoic and emotionless expression. The pair shook hands when Wool was visited by her friends and family. Weave wasn't visited by anyone.

District 5 was rather chaotic as the girl chosen was 16 year old Chemical Combination. Chemical cried as her mom let go of her hand and drunkenly shouted "you deserve this!" The boy chosen by Nectar was 15 year old Widget Martian. Widget chuckled and asked if it was a joke. However, it hit him a minute later that it wasn't and he walked forward with his family shouting "Don't die, Widget!"

District 2 had a sad reaping ceremony. Alicia pulled out the slip of paper, reading the name of 16 year old Win Martyr. Win sighed and stated "see you soon Samurai." However, when the boy was chosen, Nectar looked over and apologized before showing Alicia the slip of paper and reading out the name of 15 year old Brutus Caesar. Alicia whimpered as Brutus ran forward, hugging his cousin while calming her down. Brutus was visited by his friends from the academy, thanking him for everything he's done for them. Win was visited by her parents who told her to win and make 2 proud. She nodded as the pair left.

Games

This year's Games took place in the Aztec Ruins National Monument in what was formerly known as New Mexico. Brutus and Win winked at each other and looked over at the pair from 1. The pair from 1 grinned and spotted what they thought was an escape route. However, when the girl (1) noticed it, she didn't pay attention to the countdown and jumped towards the route, causing her body to explode. Widget and Chemical smiled at each other but Widget didn't notice Chemical winking at the Careers. When the explosion happened, Wool and Weave looked at each other with a frown and as Lucious (1) stared at the podium in shock, the gong sounded. Brutus ran in and grabbed a sword, pushing Jessica (3) onto the blade. Win stabbed the boy (11) as Widget and Chemical both stabbed Primera and Rope (both 10). Wool and Weave threw knives at Lucious and Hook (4), hitting both of them in the heads. As everyone else ran away, seven cannons from the bloodbath sounded. On Day 1, Brutus approached Wool and Weave, who jumped and fell backwards. He helped the pair up and asked them for an alliance, stating that he was impressed by their sword wielding skills. Eventually, they agreed after grabbing some food from the cornucopia. After 15 minutes, another cannon sounded. It was revealed that Widget spotted Lineara (4), who was about to kill Chemical. However, Chemical noticed the girl and stabbed her to death, shouting "this is what your family gets for killing my mother, you son of a bitch!" Wool whimpered at the sound of the cannon and hugged Weave who quietly calmed the girl down. Brutus looked at Win and frowned. He then asked why she was upset. She said that it wasn't fair the capitol got away with killing 23 innocent kids each year. She then cried on Weave and didn't stop for a while. Brutus prepared some food and water and asked Wool if she wanted some food or something to drink. She nodded as he gave her something called "taquitos." She gobbled it down swiftly, to which Brutus nodded and praised Wool for speaking her mind. That night, the fallen tributes were shown to be Lucious (1), the girl (1), Jessica (3), Hook (4), Lineara (4) Rope (10), Primera (10), and the boy (11).

On day 2, Weave pulled Brutus to the side and explained that there was a second reason as to why she hated the cannons. He revealed that it was because her mother had died during the 30th Games at the hands of the female from 4 that year and killed the victor's brother in revenge. Win heard this and gently brushed the girl's hair, asking how she was feeling. Wool groaned in agony and stated that she wasn't feeling too great. However, when Chemical woke up, she spotted Widget unconscious. Eventually, she saw the boy (6), who was about to stab him in the chest. She stabbed the boy and held her district partner close. However, Widget slashed Chemical's throat in a surprising turn of events. As Win sensed a cannon, she covered Wool's ears and let the three cannons ring out, dwindling the tribute number down to 13. As Win quietly calmed down Wool, Weave came over and smiled at the sight. Brutus made some more food and gave it to his district partner, who smiled at him. That night, when Wool fell asleep, Weave and Brutus decided to get a little bit spicy. When this happened, capitol citizens turned away from the TV, with some of them throwing up at the sight of this. However, after an hour, the pair finished as they heard a loud scream. It was revealed to belong to Wool, who was surprisingly killed by Win who sighed in relief and went "I can finally get a good night's sleep. Thank the fucking gods above." Brutus looked like his facial expression had changed as Weave walked over to avenge his district partner but as Win jumped up to slash the boy's throat, the girl (9) stabbed her in the head. As her cannon sounded, Brutus thanked the girl and allowed her to run away from the scene of the crime. Alicia whispered out "damn, so close. At least my cousin is still in it." As Wool cried in his chest, Brutus hugged him tight and told him that it would be ok. That night, the fallen tributes were shown to be Win (2), Widget (5), Chemical (5), the boy (6), and Wool (8), leaving 11 tributes remaining. The final 11 tributes belonged to District 2 (Brutus), District 3 (Wire), District 6 (Morgana), District 7 (Steep and Oakley), District 8 (Weave), District 9 (Justin and the girl), District 11 (the girl), and District 12 (the pair).