Afterparty

In which she feels okay...

Tonight's the night of the semiformal that Cheryl humbly allowed to proceed, I'm with her right now, and Reggie, we're getting ready and Reggie is sitting on my bed, already in his suit. Cheryl, Reggie, and I have been best friends since we were little kids, we don't care much about changing in front of him, we all understand that there is to be nothing between any of us.

"So, you switched rooms with Betty?" Cheryl asks, not tiptoeing around the question and glancing around the room to take all of it in, I changed a lot of my decorations besides the ones I absolutely couldn't part with, its got a mix of skater, gamer, and plant person vibes going on. The LED lights that I'd stuck to the underside of my bed were on and spilling a red glow that made my bed look as if it were floating. The skateboards hung on my wall were a new addition, I've been in love with skating since I was a kid but it was only this summer that I really began honing my skills.

 The skateboards hung on my wall were a new addition, I've been in love with skating since I was a kid but it was only this summer that I really began honing my skills

"There were too many memories in my old room, and now my window faces Archie's, I have the feeling that some shits going to go down between the two soon. Betty likes Archie but Archie obviously likes that new girl. So, in a way, I was doing her a favor as well." Cheryl and Reggie both nod. They both know about my relationship with Jughead, they were the only ones I felt that I could trust when Jughead and I first started dating to keep our secret.

I grab my dress out of the closet, Cheryl and I both decided to wear red tonight. A long time ago, she decided that her and I are the only ones who get to wear the color red, it's become our 'thing'.

"I still can't believe that you let that hobo live in your room." Reggie tells me, incredulous. Cheryl and I both burst into laughter. Just like old times, these two could always make me feel better.

"Love makes you do funny things, like let hobos into your bed." I reply, still smiling warmly at my friend, I quickly take my clothes off, turning away from Reggie when I get to my bra, and slide my dress on. "Could someone zip me up?" I feel Cheryl's cool hands brush my back as she zips the beautiful red dress up.

The music playing softly from the speaker in my room begins playing mine and Reggie's song, Graduation and he and I look at each other, I grab my phone and turn it all the way up, the song blasting throughout the house and we begin singing and dancing, Cheryl using her phone to record us. When the song end and changes to Get Him Back! By Olivia Rodrigo, Reggie plops on the bed and uses his phone to record me from a different angle as I grab my brush, holding it like a microphone as I belt out the lyrics, somehow managing to look graceful while having fun.

When the song ended, I plopped with Reggie onto the bed, "I'm posting this on all of our Instagrams." Cheryl says, grabbing mine and Reggie's phones from us and posting the video on all, "Now Hobo can see how much fun you're having without his ugly ass." Reggie and I laugh at this, I really can't believe how easily not feeling horrible can be with them.