Requests

In which she's honest...

I woke the next morning to my own alarm instead of Reggie's annoying one. My alarm tone was set to Zero by Chris Brown. Cheryl grunts as I smack her with a pillow to wake her up. She finally gets up when I open the curtains, the bright sunlight streaming into the room, she mumbles complaints under her breath as she heads to my closet to steal my clothes.

"You look great, now stop fussing and let's go to fucking school." I tell my friend, she's been flipping her hair from one side of her head to another for the last ten minutes.

"Fine, let's go, you've wasted enough time staring at yourself." She says, as if I was the one fucking with my hair.

"Shut the fuck up, you know you're the one who wasted time. I've been ready to go for the last twenty minutes." I tell her as we head down the stairs. Betty already left for school and Mom and Dad are already at the Register so we're the only ones in the house. We head outside and head to where Cheryl parked her car, Cheryl begins telling me about when Betty threatened to kill her a few days ago.

"Ooh, Betty better watch the fuck out for me." I say, angry at my sister for saying something like that. "She's fucking with the wrong person."

When we get to school, I ask around for Betty, and find out that she's in the old newspaper room. I storm through the school, people dodging out of my way. They know that when they see me like this, they better step the fuck back because if they don't it won't end well for them. I burst into the Blue and Gold, completely ignoring Jughead's presence in the room, and make my way to Betty. I only stop when I'm about two inches from her face, she looks a bit scared.

"Did you threaten to kill Cheryl?" I ask quietly. Her eyes widen, she takes a step away from me.

"She was insinuating that Polly killed Jason." She tells me, I could seriously care less.

"So, you threaten to kill her? If I ever head you did that again, Betty, you'll regret it." I tell her, fully intending to go through with my threat. She knew it wasn't an empty one. I only remember that Jughead even exists when I hear him shift. I look behind me, my eyes locking with his. "Finally getting a life Jughead?" I ask sarcastically, he obviously was here to write for the paper. He rolls his eyes and crosses his arms, the bruise on his face standing out against his pale complexion. I brush some hair out of my eyes and see his eyes flick to my bandaged hands.

"What happened to you?" he asks curtly, the annoying curiosity reappearing again.

"Business, Jughead, mind you own." I tell him, making my way to the door and leaving the room without another word.

I went through the rest of the school day without incident. After school, I went home to relax in my room, tired after a long day. Or at least, that was the plan, instead, I was interrupted by Betty barging into my room.

"Hey, Gwen, I was wondering if maybe you'd be willing to come and write for the Blue and Gold?" she asks, uncertainly.

"Why would I be interested in doing that?" I ask, throwing the tennis ball in my hand up toward the ceiling and catching it again, not moving from my position, splayed out on my bed.

"Because you love writing, you're a great detective, and you're my sister and want to help me?" She says all this like a question though she's stating facts. I stop tossing the ball and look at her, pondering this, I don't want to work with Jughead because I'm honestly not over him, I'm angry at him, but I also miss him. But this is my sister, I suppose I could bite the bullet for now.

"Fine, I'll join your cult." I tell her, she rolls her eyes when I call it a cult. She comes and sits on the bed next to me.

"When will you finally tell me, what was wrong before?" she asks, referring to mine and Jughead's breakup. I begin throwing the ball again to avoid having to look at her.

"When it becomes an absolute necessity." I tell her, honestly. She sighs defeatedly.

"Will you at least answer one question?" She asks me.

"Depends on what the question is."

"Was it because of a boy?" She questions.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me you were dating someone?" I choose not to answer the question, I hadn't known why Jughead didn't want to tell people about us, at least, I hadn't until he broke up with me.

"That's more than one question." I reply, my tone final, she drops the subject with another sigh.

"I never asked how you're doing with the whole Jason thing, are you alright?" she asks, her voice laced with concern.

"No, but it doesn't matter, it doesn't bring him back. I'll just have to move on." I tell her, being fully honest about my feelings on the subject.

"You don't always have to be strong, you know?" she says, she doesn't understand just how precarious my situation is.

"If I'm not strong, Betty, if I break even a little, they'd never be able to put me back together." I reply, finally looking at her again, her confused expression making me slightly annoyed, she was so blind sometimes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asks, she almost sounds like Jughead.

"It means that I do, in fact, always have to be strong." I avoid the question, she wouldn't like the true answer. I move off the bed and grab an oversized t-shirt from my dresser, removing my shirt and replacing it with the other.

"What's the bandage on your back for?" Betty asks, I turn to her, pulling the shirt down.

"A tattoo." I tell her bluntly.

"You got a tattoo?" she asks, she truly is clueless.

"I have more than one tattoo, Betty." I tell her.

"Are you a Serpent?"

"Yes."

"Oh." She seems unable to decide on how to react. Before she truly can, I cut her off.

"If you're planning on lecturing me on how dangerous they are, save it. I'm not interested, you can have problems with my decision, but its my decision to make." I tell her. She closes her mouth, nodding.

"So, what's your tattoo of?" she asks, wisely changing the subject.

"Here." I pull up the picture on my phone and hand it to her. "Those are going along my spine."

"That's pretty cool."

"Thanks." We sit and talk for another hour before I get a text from Kevin asking if I wanted to spend the night, I tell him hell yeah, and get ready to sleepover at the Keller residence...

Author's note: Sorry, this chapter's a bit shitty, I needed something to get me between conflicts. Also, I'm pretty sick right now and writing between highschool and college homework (sorry excuse, I know) I promise the next chapters will be better. Also, 100 reads! This book has about half the chapters my other one does and over twice the reads! That's both sad and awesome! Thank you guys for being amazing!!