Swingin'

In which the cat's out of the bag...

The bell above the door chimed lightly when I entered Pop's Chock'lit shop and held the door for Angela, signaling to Pop that a customer had arrived. He looks up, smiling at me, I nod to him and look around, spotting my friends and grabbing Angela's hand, dragging her along behind me.

"Hey guys, this is Angela." I introduce Angela to Jughead, Betty and Veronica, Archie hadn't arrived yet.

"Hi." Is all I get from Jughead, his dislike of new people coming out, I fight the urge to roll my eyes at his less-than-welcome greeting. I look over to Betty when she says Angela's name, I raise an eyebrow at the hint of surprise in her voice.

"Angela, like Angela Jacobs?" Betty asks, glancing between Angela and I, I give her a questioning look. "The girl who tried to kill herself last year?" she asks, seemingly unable to not pry into other people's business.

"Yep, that's me." I knew that she'd done so, but decided not to treat her differently because of it.

"Yep, that's her, now, onto more important things other than ones that aren't any of your fucking concern, what have you guys figured out?" I ask, sliding into the booth on the side Veronica was on, Angela slides in next to me, I'm directly across from Jug, I send him a small smile, letting him know that we're okay for now. He smiles back, I can see relief in his eyes.

"I was going to wait until Archie gets here..." Betty says, I go to cut her off but am beaten to it by Veronica.

"Great, well, I need to talk to Gwen really quick, outside." Veronica says, beginning to scooch out of the booth, forcing me and Angela out as well. "Just Gwen please Angela." Veronica says, I grab Angela's hand.

"Its okay, I'm sure whatever it is can be said in front of Angel." I tell her, she hesitates before shrugging and leading us outside. She leads us around the corner to the side of the building where we were less likely to be overheard.

"Listen, Gwen...I know about you and FP..." I nod, not surprised at this information, this seems to catch her off guard. "Y-you already know that I know." She says, more as a statement than a question.

"Archie told me that you might know, said that I could trust you."

"Archie knew?!" Vee asks, shocked, I laugh at her surprise.

"His window faces mine, I wasn't thinking, he saw FP and I through it, I hadn't closed the curtains..." I was about to continue when I heard something from around the corner.

"You're doing my dad?!" Jughead yells angrily as he comes from around the corner, his face screwed up in rage, my eyes widen in shock and I hear Angela gasp beside me.

"Jug, I-" I begin but he cuts me off.

"How long have you been fucking him, huh? How fucking long?" he asks, getting in my face, I push him backwards but he comes forward again.

"Back the fuck off, its none of your business Fuckhead." I tell him, he shoves me backward, Veronica tries to get between us just as Jughead goes to throw a punch but I push her out of the way, taking the hit square across the jaw, hard. Angela tries to grab ahold of Jughead and pull him back but he pushes her off, she hits her back against the brick wall of Pop's. I spit out the blood that had pooled in my mouth and look back a Jug, a sadistic smile creeping onto my face.

"Is that all you fucking got?" I ask, goading him on, he's about to throw another punch when Angela yells something that makes everyone freeze.

"She's pregnant!" Jughead's fist stops mid-swing to my stomach before he whips around to face Angela. "She's pregnant, and it's your father's." I close my eyes and drop my aching head into my hands, why did she have to say anything?

"Fucking hell." Jughead says, glaring at me before turning and storming off back around Pop's, I groan into my hands, knowing this is going to go to shit.

"I didn't realize Jughead was there, I'm so sorry Gwen." Veronica says, coming to give me a hug, I fight the urge to cry and throw up, my head spinning slightly from the right-hook I'd just taken to the face.

"Its fine, he was going to find out eventually, better now than later I guess..." I mutter into her shoulder.

"I'm sorry too, Gwen. I shouldn't have told him you're pregnant, but he was going to punch you in the stomach, I couldn't bare to think of what could've happened..." Angela tells me, joining in the hug.

"Its okay Angel, you were only trying to help." I mumble, sniffling a bit before we break from the hug.

"Now, I suppose its time to go find out how to save FP..." Veronica says, glancing at me for confirmation, I smile at her.

"Hell yeah."