1 Week Later

In which she comes clean...

Its now been about a week since the incident, that's what everyone calls it at least, I'm so tired of people looking at me like I need to be pitied, its frustrating. I find my phone on the floor, it must've fallen off the bed last night. I pick it up and text Reggie:

Hey Reg, I was wondering if you'd mind picking me up some more pods for my vape? -G

Hey Gwen, I'll talk to my guy, I can probably get them to you tonite, leave your window open. -R

Okay, thank you so much Reg, you're a lifesaver! -G

Yes, one of the cherry-flavored variety. -R

You're a lifesaver and an idiot. -G

And you're rude. -R

I smile slightly before setting my phone back down on the floor, my parents have been keeping me locked up in my room for a whole week, scared that I'll leave and somehow manage to get raped again or something. Mom saw my Serpent tattoo when I was at the hospital, she wasn't happy about it but I think she would've been angrier had I not been laying, completely broken, on a hospital bed when she found it. She and I had a conversation, I told her that I'm not leaving the Serpents, that they're my family just as much as she is, and that there was nothing she could do about it. She looked hurt when I said this but gave in, she trusts me to make good decisions, and she's too busy babying Betty to do the same to me.

I grab my vape off the nightstand and take a drag, the watermelon flavor filling my mouth and the addictive smoke filling my lungs, I know its bad for me but it helps keep me calm, kind of like how my heavy pain medication helps me not hurt. I continue vaping in silence until I hear my mom clanging pans downstairs in the kitchen, I sigh, put my vape back on the nightstand and slowly stand from my bed. I carefully stretch my muscles, trying to not hurt my ribs, and make my way downstairs.

"Oh, good, you're awake, I was just thinking that maybe you and I could go out today, do some shopping, grab lunch at Pop's, have a girl's day before you go back to school tomorrow." She smiles lightly at me, obviously unsure of how I'll react to the request. Internally, I sigh in annoyance, outwardly, I smile back at my mom, I go to her and give her a hug, savoring the warmth she gives my frozen heart.

"Thank you, Mom, that'd be great." I look up at her and smile again. She pulls me in closer and rubs my back, I stand there in my Mother's arms, truly feeling something for the first time in a week. Betty comes down the stairs, she sees Mom and I in the kitchen and quickly says something about going to Pop's for breakfast and leaves the house, the front door closing quietly behind her.

"Alright, lets eat, then get your shopping face on." Alice smiles mischievously at me. A feeling of excitement surprising me. I grab the plate she holds out to me and we make our way to the dining table, eating quickly and putting our plates in the sink before I quickly head upstairs and throw on some jeans and tuck a red shirt into them with a red white and blue belt. I grab my bag and we quickly make our way out of the house and speed to the car, I blast Vampire by Olivia Rodrigo, screaming along with the lyrics, my mom quietly hums with me.

About halfway to Greendale, Mom turns down the music and looks to me. "Honey, can you tell me what was wrong before Cheryl's party?" I freeze, looking at her, she's studying me out of the corner of her eye.

"Um, I...well- I" I sigh, not finding a good enough excuse, I settle on the truth, or most of it. "I was dating someone, I was dating him for eleven months, then out of the blue, he tells me that he doesn't want to be with me anymore, that he'd fallen in love with someone else...he-he told me...he told me he was in love with Betty..." I look out the window, tears making their way down my cheeks, I've always prided myself on not crying but recently I've been crying a lot.

"Who was it?" she asks, anger lacing her tone.

"I..." I debate telling her, what if Betty and Jughead start dating?

"Allison Gwendolyn Cooper, tell me who it was." She used my full name, some shits going to go down if I don't tell her.

"Jughead Jones..." she slams on the breaks, I lurch forward, I would've gone out the windshield had I not had my seatbelt on.

"Jones? Like Fp Jones's kid?" I nod, she looks back to the road, beginning to drive again.

"Mom, you have to promise me that if Betty and Jughead ever start dating, you won't say anything. I don't want Betty to be unhappy because of me." I beg her, I see her expression soften before she glances at me.

"She wouldn't be unhappy because of you, she'd be unhappy because of him."

"Mom, please, just don't say anything." She sighs in defeat, nodding.

"Okay, I promise...now, lets do some retail therapy." She smiles at me as she pulls into the Greendale mall.

"Lets."