Reassurance

In which she's fucked...

"Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit..." I continued mumbling the two words under my breath as I paced the office, Fp was standing there, staring at the floor, at a loss for words.

"Ok, listen, we don't even know for sure that you're going to get pregnant, Gwen." Fp says after about five minutes of my pacing. He'd obviously been trying to find something to lighten the situation.

"Yeah, but what happens if I do?! My mom is gonna kill me, my dad tried to get Polly to get an abortion, and when she wouldn't she got sent to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy! I can't be sent there! Do you know what the oppressing silence would do to me?! I can't even sleep without music playing in the background so that I'm able to not think! I can't not have something playing, if everything was silent, if I was left completely alone with my head," I shuddered then, "It would be like sentencing me to death."

Fp looked unamused at me before realizing that what I'd said hadn't been joke or dramatics. He seemed to realize that I'd meant every word I said, and I could tell that it'd scared him. I scrubbed my face with my hands, no doubt smudging my makeup and fucking up my hair. I looked around me, trying to find something that would make me feel better, I knew what I wanted, I could feel the discomfort-bordering-itch feeling, I needed nicotine. I needed the one thing I'd promised to give up to be with Fp. I scratched at my neck aggressively, feeling the withdrawal creep up on me.

"You're almost fifty, we don't even know for sure that you can still have kids, we don't know the chances, we've only done it once without protection. I'll just have to wait and see if anything actually happens, I probably won't even get pregnant." I mumble to myself, stopping my pacing and looking to Fp for reassurance. The man nods affirmatively at me, I force a smile, feeling my heart rate slowly begin to return to normal.

"C'mon, let's head to the trailer, you can stay with me tonight." He says, we quickly put on the rest of our clothes and head out of his office the bar is pretty much empty at this point and the few people who are left are far to drunk to notice Fp and I making our way out of the bar together. We get his truck and begin our drive to his trailer, I sit in the middle seat and lean into Fp's side, I close my tired eyes and let the soft bumps of the truck making its way down the road lull me to sleep.

I woke the next morning to the sun filtering in through Fp's curtains. He must've carried me in from the truck last night. My head aches as I close my eyes again, trying to block out the bright light. I scoot closer to Fp, I feel his arms tighten around me and smile tiredly, managing to fall back asleep.

Or that is, until I heard my phone ring, I sat bolt upright, Fp gets thrown off me as I quickly snatch my phone off the nightstand next to me, barely registering my mother's contact before the call gets dropped, I was unable to answer in time. When the screen lights up with my notification, I feel my eyes widen in shock. I had ten missed calls and three texts from Mom, four missed calls and one text from Dad, and a singular missed call with a voicemail from Betty, she'd probably called to let me know how screwed I am. Fp sits up, looking expectantly at me, unable to formulate a coherent sentence, I turn the phone to him, his brow barely raises in reaction to the amount of calls and messages I'd received from my family.

"Are you gonna listen to the voicemail Betty sent?" he asks calmly. I stare at him for a moment, dumbfounded at his lack of shock. I turn the phone back to me a moment later and navigate to my voicemail box. Hitting play on the newest voicemail.

"Gwen, are you serious?!" I heard Betty's voice mutter urgently into the phone, "Mom and Dad are pissed, you best have a really great excuse for them when you get back, or you're in deep because they are not happy." The voicemail ends with a click and I drop the phone onto the bed, not sure what exactly to do.

"Yep...I'm fucked..." I say to no one in particular. I wasn't quite expecting a response.

"You're fucking stupid is what you are." Fp replies, I hear the smile in his voice and look up at him, confused, "Look, all you gotta do is go back home, have your phone turned all the way off, say that you were hanging out with Toni and lost track of time last night, your phone was dead, and you decided it was safer to stay the night with her than walk back across town in the dark." I feel my jaw go slightly slack, why hadn't I thought of that?

"It sounds like you've got experience." I tell him, raising an eyebrow. I see the smirk in his eyes before it reaches his face.

"Well, I was a bit of a player back in my day, and the girls tended to have very creative ways of lying to their parents." I rolled my eyes at his cocky remark, not caring what he was back in the day, I only cared about what he is now. What he is now is my boyfriend, I don't think he's the same person he was back then.

"I gotta go," I tell him he frowns, attempting to make puppy dog eyes, I raise an eyebrow at him, unamused. FP rolls his eyes and leans forward, giving me a quick peck on the lips before pushing me off the bed. I hit the ground hard, the unexpected fall knocking the wind out of me, it takes a second for me to regain my breath, I stand, glaring at the smug man.

"I'm gonna get you back for that soon, don't you even worry 'bout it." I tell him threateningly before collecting my clothes off the dresser and slipping my fishnets from last night on and pulling my shirt over my head, I felt FP watching me the whole time. I turn back around when I'm done, my eyes meeting his, I make my way to the edge of the bed, leaning down and connecting my lips with FP's in a slow, lingering kiss. I smile as I pull away, then I shove him as hard as I can off the bed. I hear the thump and a groan as he hits the floor, I smirk as I make my way to the door of the bedroom, "Bye," I sing as I close the door behind me and make my way out of the trailer.