Missed Calls

In which he tells the truth...

"So, what do you wanna do today?" I ask Angela, starring up at the ceiling of my bedroom. It was currently one in the afternoon and we had woken up about fifteen minutes earlier but were too lazy to get out of bed, but I was beginning to get bored.

"Can we just lay here? I don't wanna go anywhere." She whines, stretching her arms above her head I roll my eyes, turning to her.

"Bitch, get the fuck out of my bed." I tell her, shoving her closer to the edge, her eyes widen as she looks at me for a moment before the bed shifts under her and she tumbles to the floor.

"You're lucky you're pregnant." Angela mutters from the floor, I pretend not to hear, getting up out of bed and stretching before making my way to the closet.

"So, do you wanna wear some of my clothes today?" I ask her, I see her perk up from her spot on the floor.

"Hell yeah." She stands from the floor and follows me into the closet, I pick out three outfits for her to choose from, she tries each of them on before choosing one. When she finally decides on one, I laugh as she does a spin in front of me after coming out of the bathroom, wearing the clothes picked for her.

 When she finally decides on one, I laugh as she does a spin in front of me after coming out of the bathroom, wearing the clothes picked for her

"Awe, I'm such a proud mother." I say, dramatically pretending to wipe proud tears from my eyes. Angela rolls her own before telling me that she is picking my outfit for today and beginning to search my closet I roll my eyes before making my way to the bedroom and flopping down on my bed, deciding to check my phone which I'd had turned off since the end of school yesterday.

10 missed calls

Welp...shit. Is really all I can think when I look at my number of calls that went unanswered. I feel a pang of sadness when I see a picture of Reggie, Cheryl and I smiling up at me from my lock screen I frown, angry at Cheryl for accusing me of killing Jason and Reggie for leaving me in the dust when he was the one who encouraged me to start dating Fp. Ignoring these feelings, I unlock my phone and check my voicemail. There's one from Betty, two from Archie, one from Veronica, one from both Toni and Sweetpea, and, surprisingly, one from Jughead.

Betty's voicemail: "Hey Gwen...listen, I know that what I said to you the night of the dance was a dick move, you didn't ruin dinner and it was rude of me to say so. I'm also really sorry that I've been such a bitch to you recently, I can tell you're going through stuff right now and I've just been struggling and I took it out on you, and that's wrong. I saw that you're not in school today, I'll cover for you so don't worry about it. I love you, and I'm sorry...meet me at Pop's after school?"

I text her a quick thank you and that I'll see her there. Then I quickly move onto the next one.

Archie's voicemail #1: "Hey Gwennie, listen I think Veronica found out about you and FP, I don't think she'll tell anyone but I don't doubt she'll confront you about it. I just wanted to give you a quick heads-up so you won't be caught off-guard later. I hope you're feeling better since the FP incident...listen...I think you should go and visit him, he looks like shit and I think you would make it a bit easier for him."

I nod along with the voicemail, although he couldn't see me, thankful that he'd given me a warning.

Archie's voicemail #2: "Betty told me to ask if you were planning on coming to Pop's tonight, she said something about you being mad at her and that you might be more enticed to come if I asked (well, really she said begged) you to come. You up for it?"

I texted him that I would be there, but that I was bringing a friend. Then moved to the next. Veronica's voicemail begins with a moment of silence.

Veronica's voicemail: "...hey Gwen...listen, I need to talk to you sometime soon, are you coming to Pop's tonight with the rest of us? I hope I see you there, its kinda weighing on my mind."

I sigh after the voicemail reaches it's end. I know what she wants to talk about and I know it would be best just to have the talk tonight instead of avoiding it. I text her back and move again to the next one.

Sweetpea's voicemail: "Hey, so...I just wanted to check in on you, we haven't heard from you in a while and wanted to know if you were alright, well...okay...so maybe Toni made me send this voicemail but I swear I actually wanted to know if you're alright. Ima go now because Toni looks like she's gonna kill me...no, Toni, no someone help me! Aaaahhh-"

The voicemail cuts off with a little Beep! And I'm left laying there, trying not to laugh at how fearful of Toni everyone is.

Toni's voicemail: "Hey girl, listen, so I might've asked Sweetpea to check in, but I promise you he actually wanted to know if you were alright...we all do...well, maybe not Tallboy, but he's an ass...more so now FP's not here to keep his ass in line. Come down to the Whyrm when you get the chance."

I smile at the voicemails from my friends and almost shut my phone off when I remember Jughead's voicemail. I sigh before tapping on it.

Jughead's voicemail: "...hey. Listen I'm sorry for being such an asshole...I know, the great Jughead Jones is apologizing? Bet you never expected that to happen...I know that when I broke up with you, you were already in a not-so-great place...I know you don't want to hear this but I really never meant to hurt you. I really did love you and I appreciate everything you've ever done for me. I really should've apologized sooner and told you that when we started out, I had absolutely no feelings for Betty, they just kinda came over time...I know that probably sounds worse, but I just wanted you to know that I didn't just get with you because Betty didn't even know I existed...I really, truly loved you...I guess I just realized that even though you thought you were anything but perfect...you are, you're completely perfect and someone, somewhere, deserves you...but I don't. I will never be as good as you...you shouldn't settle...you should be with someone who makes you truly happy, I know you were happy with me...but I also know you could be so much happier, and I know you'll find that...I'm sorry

...I love you."

A/N: Heh...yup...I've gone and done it...but it's okay...right? I'm sure this won't cause any problems later on...

Also, it's ridiculous that just since The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes movie has come out that there are so many ff's about it now, like...damn. Have none of these writers read the book? But it's okay, I'm not one to judge...I haven't read Twilight and yet I'm still making a Jacob and Paul ff...but, then again...the book is legit gold soo...read that shit before you watch the movie.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.