Ninja

In which she punches him...

That night when I make it home, wrapped in a zip up hoodie Fp insisted I take, I see Archie and Jughead arguing, as I get closer, I hear that it's about Ms. Grundy. I step up behind Jughead, keeping a good distance from him. Archie sees me, quirking his eyebrow at me, wondering what the berth I gave Jughead was for.

"Jughead, I think you need to leave." I tell the boy, who jumps and spins to face me, anger covering the surprise on his face when he realizes that I'd known.

"You fucking knew? And you didn't tell me that entire fucking time?!" he asks, Archie looking confused behind him.

"It wasn't any of your business, if Archie wanted you to know, he would've told you." I say calmly.

"I was your boyfriend he was my best friend! I think that gives me the right to know!" he nearly yells, getting in my face.

"Woah Jughead, calm down! She doesn't have anything to do with this!" Archie says, coming between us.

"The hell she doesn't, I bet you just loved knowing something I didn't huh? When I was angry at Archie for bailing on the trip, telling me you had no idea why he didn't want to go when you knew the entire time!" he says, angry at me for not telling him my best friend's secrets.

"Jughead, I didn't even tell Reggie and Cheryl, and I tell them everything. I tell them much more than I ever told you." I tell the boy, moving Archie out of my way and taking a step forward.

"Oh, yeah, your side hoes. The dumbass and the bimbo." That was the last straw, I grabbed his shirt, swinging as hard as I could with my left arm, avoiding swinging with my right due to my ribs. My fist connects hard with his face and he staggers back, holding his cheek, blood falling from his lip.

"If you ever insult my friends again Dickhead, you'll come off far worse than just that." I tell him, Fred Andrews opens his front door, not seeing the blood on Jughead's face from the angle he was viewing him from, he invites Jughead in for Chinese takeout. Jughead quickly declines, Archie and I agreeing that the boy was just leaving, and I turn to watch as he makes his way off into the darkness. I turn back around as Mr. Andrews begins talking again.

"Gwen, what happened to your hand?" he asks as I make my way into his house.

"Jughead's face." I reply, grabbing some ice from the freezer and hold it to my now bruised and bleeding knuckles.

"Really? Why did that happen?" he asks, obviously surprised.

"He insulted my friends, nobody does that and walks away unscathed." I tell him, he nods and grabs a kitchen towel, getting it damp and using it to clean the blood off my fist.

"So what was Jughead spewing about being your boyfriend?" Archie asks, Fred looking up, interested. I purse my lips, annoyed at the brown-haired boy for being such an idiot.

"We were dating for eleven months, he broke up with me because he decided he likes Betty, if you tell her, I'll personally make sure that's the last thing you ever do." I tell them, Fred smiles fatherly at me and nods, Archie nods as well, not as happy about what Jughead had done.

That night I laid in bed, texting Reggie ad Cheryl in our group chat about the night's events.

Yeah, and then I punched him in the face. -G

Holy shit, you actually punched him? -R

No, I patted him on the cheek, yes, I punched him! -G

Let us all bow down to Queen Gwendolyn. -C

It felt great, but the things he said actually kind of hurt...-G

I don't doubt that it would, he was supposed to be your boyfriend, right? -C

Yeah...do you guys wanna get ice cream? -G

Translation: do you wanna eat our feelings? -R

Well...you're not completely wrong...-G

I'm game if Cheryl is. -R

As long as you don't fucking eat mine again, Reggie. -C

Then stop getting the good ICE CREAM!! -R

Oh my God... -G

Okay then...meet you guys at Gwen's house in twenty minutes, text me what flavor you guys want. -C

Wait! Who said we were meeting here?! -G

I did. -C

Okay mom. -G

That is correct. Not stfu I'm buying you fucking ice cream. -C

My apologies, Your Majesty, I would like cookies and cream, please and thank you. XX-G

I'd appreciate it if you'd get me cookie cough please Mother Cheryl. -R

You guys are ass-holes. -C

But you love us tho. -G

You're lucky I do. -C

Alrighty, see you guys, I'll have my window open. -G

It wasn't long before Reggie arrived, only living about a ten-minute walk away, he lost his balance on the tree and tumbled gracelessly into my room. When he straightens up, a shit-eating grin on his face, in perfect Steve Harrington fashion he says, "What'd I tell you? Ninja." And points to himself. I think I cracked another rib trying not to laugh at him. He makes himself comfortable on my bed as we await Cheryl's arrival with the ice cream...