Spotless

In which he finds out...

∷∷∷

"I don't need to prove anything, she'll sign them, Mrs. Andrews, trust me," I tell Mary, not explaining everything but knowing for a fact that she would. The woman on the other end sighs, giving in.

"Okay, I'll get them drafted up, and have them sent to you in a day or two." I thank her and tell her that she's the best before hanging up, shoving my phone back into my pocket, and looking around, I'd been trapped in this trailer for about a day now, unable to leave, eating takeout or whatever I happen to be able to make. And I was facing the prospect of being stuck for a least a couple more days.

So, I did the most sensible thing a girl would do in this situation.

I cleaned the entire house...

"Yeah, we got her out. Her mom put her there...I guess Gwen tried to kill herself..." Toni tells me, my jaw drops.

"Holy shit, is she okay?" Toni nods, solemnly, "Why would she try to kill herself?"

Toni hesitates to answer.

"Toni, tell me," I say, her shoulders slump and she looks down at the table for a moment.

"She found out she was pregnant..." Toni says as if my jaw wasn't already on the floor. Holy shit...why hadn't she fucking told me the day that she came to see me. Well...truthfully, she was a little busy being broken up with so maybe she just didn't think about it. But she should've fucking told me.

"FP...are you okay?" Toni asks, I clench my fists on the table, looking up at her, trying to remain stoic though I felt like I was about to either cry or punch someone, or both.

"You need to get her to come and see me, I gotta talk to her," I say, Toni's eyebrows pinch together in confusion.

"Okay...but...why?" She asks, slowly, almost as if she wasn't sure if she should.

"I just need to talk to her, get her to come here," I say, the girl nods, standing when the guard comes back into the room, telling us it is time to go. I approached the man, holding my hands out to be cuffed again.

I followed him back to my cell...

I walked into a clean house, for the first time in a while. I look around the spotless place, trying to find Gwen. I walk into my bedroom where I find her asleep under a pile of still-warm laundry, I smile at her childishness, wondering how on earth any parent could throw a diamond away like it was just another rock.

I decide to let her sleep for a while and exit the room, turning off the light as I do so and leaving her to her nest of warm clothes...

"So...FP told me that he wants you to come and visit him..." I begin, wrong timing, Gwen chokes on the milkshake she'd asked for from Pop's, milk coming out of her nose.

"Fucking hell," Is all she says as she searches for something to clean herself up with she grabs the kitchen towel and begins to mop herself up, wiping the vanilla milkshake off of herself. She ignores my question once she's cleaned up and I decide to ask once more.

"Did you hear me, FP wants you to go see him, says he wants to talk to you," I tell her again, she stops eating, her fork halfway to her mouth, and looks up at me, her face halfway between a glare and sorrow.

"Well, I don't want to talk to him..."