Parties

In which he takes her home...

I stood in the corner, watching as Betty's world came crashing down on her. Okay, maybe I'm being dramatic, it hasn't crashed, yet, but it was going to. "That was haunting, Betty." Jughead tells her as she finishes singing Happy Birthday to him, I had to agree with him, her voice in the otherwise silent house was rather eerie. Archie was already shitfaced, having discovered Fred's alcohol stash. Archie's dad was going to Chicago to finalize the divorce with Mary. Archie wasn't in the best place as of current.

And so I watched, I stood by the door as Cheryl came in with a plan for chaos. I watched my friends get shitfaced as I drank a mineral water I'd discovered in the fridge, I watched Betty disappear to find Jughead who was hiding, probably furious. Then I watched Fp as he came into the house, people ignoring his existence in their drunken state. He came over to where I was standing on the stairs, trying to say something, I couldn't hear him over the stupidly loud music. After a couple tries, he rolls his eyes and drags me up the stairs to a quieter part of the house. He drags me to the bathroom, closing the door.

"I was trying to ask where Fred is, why he isn't losing his shit right now." Fp asks, standing in front of the door.

"He's in Chicago, he gave Betty permission to throw Jughead a little surprise get-together but Cheryl loves chaos and doesn't like to not be invited to things." I tell him, he nods, it takes him a moment to realize where exactly we are, he must've just been trying to find somewhere quiet and this was the first place he found.

"Why aren't you shitfaced?" he asks bluntly, giving me a questioning look.

"I don't drink around people I don't trust." I reply, he nods before a mischievous grin spreads across his face, he slowly begins walking forward, towards me, I take slow steps back, backing into the wall.

"So what you're saying is that you trust me?" he asks, smirking down at me.

"Well, considering I made out with you sober, I figure it doesn't really matter if I'm drunk or not, I'll still make bad decisions with you." I tell him, his smirk grows as he leans down, capturing my lips in his, the kiss much needier than it had been at the Drive-In. I wrapped my arms around him and his hands slowly slid under the back of my shirt, fingers sliding down my spine, making me shiver. He laughs into the kiss, I take the chance to slide my tongue into his mouth when this happens, exploring his mouth with my own. Eventually our kisses became sloppy, we broke apart after a couple minutes and caught our breath. When there is a crashing noise downstairs that can be hear over the music, we decide we should probably head back down.

We emerge from the bathroom, his hand in mine and make our way back down the hallway, letting go of each other as we reach the stairs, me going first, Fp following after thirty seconds. Fp goes to find the no doubt brooding Jughead and I begin to search for whatever got smashed. Finding a pot in the kitchen that must've gotten knocked off the counter and made the noise. I place the pot in the cupboard that it belongs in and grab a Dr. Pepper from the fridge.

"Hey there, Gwen." I hear a voice say from behind me, I turn to see Chuck Clayton leaning against the kitchen island.

"Chuck." I greet, opening the soda and taking a swig, watching Chuck watch me.

"We're gonna play Secrets and Sins soon, wanna join?" he asks, his voice telling me there's gonna be chaos.

"Sure, why not?" I tell him, he smirks and leaves the kitchen, I knew this wasn't going to go well, I knew that nobody who had any dirt on me had the balls to spill it. So, I was safe, I could only guess that this had to do with the other starters of this party. When Cheryl turned down the music and announced the commencing of the game, I settled down in a chair next to Reggie, and bared witness to the chaos that ensued. The night ending with Jughead punching a very deserving Chuck in the face...

I stood by and watched the interaction between my mom and Fp next to his truck, when Mom left, I climbed into the truck, Fp jumping when the door opened and staring expectantly at me as I put my seatbelt on. When I'm done, I look up at him, finding him still starting.

"What?" I ask, as if me jumping, uninvited, into his truck was a completely normal happening.

"Why are you in my truck?" he asks, a small smile gracing his features.

"Do you really want me to answer that question?" I ask him, knowing he already knew the answer.

"Yes." He replies, the smile instead turning to a smirk.

"Because I want to sleep with you, and this is a pretty perfect opportunity for you to take me back to your trailer." I tell him honestly, raising an eyebrow and motioning for him to start driving. He shakes his head with a smile and speeds off. Suffice it to say, when I woke the next morning, there was a smile on my face for the first time in a long time...