Chapter 8

Aditya ( POV )

2 days later

As soon as I walked in house I saw line of our cooking stuff standing together looking at the kitchen. Their expression is like they want to laugh but they couldn't laugh. And our househelp looking towards the kitchen like any minute she will start crying... Whats going on?

I turned towards the kitchen and the sight almost made me laugh. Karishma is standing in the kitchen with an apron on , with a ocean of flour around her. Her face almost covered with cooking stuff. She is looking like a ghost...but what is she trying to do ?

" Hey ! You okay ? " I called her out surprising her and all the other people standing in the room. She looked up almost in tears ..she doesn't look okay. " I am alive . " she calmly replied. This time I laughed , that girl is funny.

" what are you trying to do ? " I asked her , she showed me a plate full of some dark black cup cakes and said " I am trying to bake but they all turned out to be more hard than stone. " she complained , so they're not chocolate cake...they're just burned. I heard a low chuckle...somebody laughed.

" They're hard enough to break heads. " she said glaring at the house help and they became silent. " Mrs jones I am so sorry for creating such mess....soon I will help you clean it up. " she told our head chief who with her team takes cares of three times meal , with a sorry look .

" No madam its okay you don't have to...go rest now. You will learn soon dont worry ...fighting. " said Mrs jones , to get her appreciation ...she must have done something really good . she nodded and we both walked out of the kitchen.

" so why such struggle to bake cake ? " I asked her handing her a handkerchief . she started wiping her face with it and said " well , Gungun's playschool has a baking competition...and gungun has apparently selected my name. But now I think I am going to embarrass her...poor girl. " she said making a sad face.

" you could have said her no...don't have to do something you don't like. " I told her. " yes , I could have said no but gungun for the first time has made a request to me how can I say no to that. " she replied , if gungun asks her infinity things also...still it will be her first wish for her.

" Besides , I dont want her to fell that just because I am her step mother she is missing out on things. I dont want her to take her childhood from her. But I think I am failing . " she said the last part in a sad tone. I have seen her work hard for my kids. Literally waking up nights to be with Arav, taking care of my all kids how can she be failing ? She looks upset but I know just how to make her happy.

" I was thinking to go and pick up Akash and Aditi will you come with me ? " I asked her and a brilliant smile flash on her face and her eyes twinkled like night sky. " of course I will just let me get fresh....five minutes. " she said hurriedly. I nodded and without waiting for my reply she ran. I watched her go....must say marrying her wasnt a bad idea.

Karishma ( POV )

" I am ready " I called Aditya after getting out of my room. I wore my blue sari with crop top blouse , I wear flat shoes since I have lots of little ones. When I looked at the mirror I myself got surprised how beautiful original owner was...but stupid too.

Aditya turned and looked at me , his gaze lingering on me for a long time ...is he checking me out ? No how that can be ?. " lets go " he said and walked out , thats right even miss world cant make him love her , he is taken. And here I thought he is checking me out...how dumb.

I instructed snow to take good care of gungun and Arav since I cant take them with me and rushed out. Aditya is waiting by his car for me as soon as I approached him he helped me open the cars door and let me in...he is a gentle man and than he climbed inside. He started the car and together we came of the building.

" I actually need some books so we are stopping by the bookstore after we pick the children's up okay. " said Aditya more like as if he is taking permission from me. I just nodded . soon we came near a huge building , thats where my kids study. Aditya went in with his card to get the children's.

' H.S.P high school ' is very popular school here , not only because students of millionaires study here but the arrangements are good here. Parents need to have a card given by the school to bring their underaged childrens which I think is very good idea. Soon Aditya came with the kids.

Akash became happy after seeing me but Aditi's face dropped. She really doesnt like me at all. Aditya let them inside and together we started to go in a book store. Its ' Dream Books store ' one of the big book store in this area. Here their are more than fifty thousand books in the store. We all walked in together. Its huge...also its like my disney land.

" I need some time...you take whatever you want. " said Aditya and walked towards a book self. I pulled out lots of colour books for Akash , Diary of a wimpy kid series for Aditi , Alphabet book for Gungun , and picture book for Arav. And for my self I brought many manga , comic books ...something I love to read.

As I was walking with my things I saw Aditi struggle to get a book from upper self. I went to help her but she said " No I dont need your help ...youre not my mother. " her words stabbed me like a knife. Why she hates me so much. " You just love Arav and gungun. " she whispered and left. What was that ?