Chapter 59

Karishma ( POV )

And the work is finally done. I have edited the whole story. Tomorrow I have to talk with my senior to get it published.

Well which is gonna be a problem judging by the fact that my senior hates me. It's going to take time to convince him that this book has potential and people will actually read it.

" Hey ! You're still awake? " A voice started me. As I turned I saw my mother in law standing in the hall with a water jug on her hand.

I am working in the hall since Aditya is sleeping I didn't want to disturb his sleep. And I do like working here. It's peaceful here.

" Was doing some work...what about you mom ? " I asked her. She walked over and sat down. " At our age sleep becomes less and we start keeping awake a lot. " She still looks young I wonder how looked in her golden years.

" So what are you working on? " She asked looking at the pile of papers
" One new story has arrived for editing, was just editing it. " I told her and she nodded.

" What's the story about? " She asked slowly sipping water from her glass.
" It's a mother's story and her promise to keep her son safe from the world...it's a warzone story so .." I explained to her.

" Unique topic... I want to know more...hope I am not disturbing you
? " she asked looking apologistic . I don't think so , I am more than interested in her about this topic.

" Not at all I will be happy to discuss about the story topic with you. " I told her and started narrating her the story.

It's a story where a biological mother abondents her son and another woman adopted the child. Now the biological mother has arrived to claim her child but the recent parents are ready to hand over the child.

Even the child doesn't want to leave. And at the end the biological mother let them be and chooses to stay nearby and watch her son from distance.

" Well , the child grew up with the new family ofcourse he wouldn't leave them. But I feel bad for the biological mother. " She said with a sigh.

" But she has abondent her kid...." I tried to argue with her. " You don't know on which circumstances she had to take that step. It's a warzone story you said...she was poor . It was either starve the baby or give the baby a proper life...and she choose wisely. " Said my mother in law.

" Than why she went back to get her baby ? She knows he is in good family...than why trying to get him back ? " I asked her. I never had such heart to heart talk with her so it's nice that we can talk on such subject today.

" Mother's are complicated, it's hard to explain motherhood to someone. " She said only that and I thought that our conversation was over.

" I was twenty four when I meet with Aditya's father. That time he was a married man. " and her statement has schoked me a lot.

" I know it's little schoking but that's true. Aditya's father was a married man at that time.His wife Tarini was my distant sister. She was very sick and that's why she brought me over her house. " She said and took a pause. I am having a bad feeling about the story.

" Tarini was pregnant...and after giving birth her condition worsen. Aditya's father was in underworld business and my sister hated that work. So she handed her boy to me and made me promise that I would never allow Aditya to join the family business. " She and if I have a working brain than wait what ?

" Aditya isn't my real son. His mother died at his birthday. After that I married his father... otherwise he wouldn't have let me near Aditya. " She said her voice thick with pain.

" Slowly with time , you eventually fall for the person whom you promised not to love. Same thing happened with me. I thought Aditya's father would change...and we can be together. I was wrong..." She said and her voice shivered.

" When I thought everything was fine , Aditya almost shot someone. Zen was only six months old. I was furious and wanted to leave that house with my son's. But aditiays father stopped me. " her voice is now full of pain.

" He said I could take only one son with me or he will keep both. I knew his power. And since I promised Aditya's mother to give him a better future, I left that house with Aditya. Leaving my baby , my little one behind. " She said , her eyes full of tears.

" I wanted to meet with zen but that means I had to allow him to meet with Aditya which I never wanted. So I never meet with zen..." She said and broke down in tears.

" I wasn't there for him.....when he needed me , when he was hurt I wasn't there... cause I had a promise to fulfill. Now if zen hates me then I have nothing to say about it . According to him I am the villain of his story and well he can't be wrong...I did leave him but why ? Will anyone want to know why ? " She said and here I thought zen was the adopted one.

" Does Aditya knows about it? " I asked her. " No , I never told him. He is my sweet boy , he made me understand how it is like to be a mother...I don't want to hurt him. Hope it stays between us. " She said and I ensured her that it stays between us.

We talked more but it's so complicated and I don't know how to handle it. I am super confused. How will this misunderstanding end only god knows.

Sahara ( POV )

" That's my dupatta not your food..." I told the little goat. It's like chewing my dupatta. I pulled it out of his mouth.

" You have become very naughty. " I told him. " Here sleep it's really late. " I have placed him in his new bed. It has a pillow, blanket and a stuff frog in it.

" It's late no more ...." Before I could finish I heard a noise in my kitchen. Who can it be ? I took the fruit knife from the table and walked slowly towards the kitchen.

I have Aditya's number taken out in case I need to call. I slowly went in and saw someone standing in the kitchen, trying to make something.

That person turned towards me and I can't believe my eyes. " You ...".