Chapter 52

Karishma ( POV)

Well, there has been a new update. our manager called and said he will change our books since a few new books came in and he wants us to read those draft, edit and find out which one is publishable.

He gave nia a thin 300 page draft , while my one is having more than 1000 pages ...God I will go crazy.

On top of that I had to edit a few essay and poems for next day magazine publishing. Those were easy things but finishing a book in a week for work is a challenge . One day and I already hate it here.

I sat with a notepad to start working when I realised I needed a new note pad. So I walked out of my desk. I know the storage room so it's all good.

As I was walking past the Meeting room. I heard a noise , someone shouting angrily. " I told you...I hate stories with my mother in it . I just don't like them. So nothing gets published in that genre. " Shouted someone...I know that voice. It's zen ... Aditya's brother.

" I don't care ...it will not be
published. " he shouted again. I didn't know he handles this industry. But it would be super awkward if he saw me here ...he is probably dealing with some investors or something.

If he sees me here he may think , I am trying to dig out information. so I should just leave and do my work.

As for his hate for his mother...I guess I understand his feelings...it's going to be hard working on this mission.

I walked down in the store room. It is just a few shelves filled with books , old and new. I need a notepad , but the books here are so tempting. So I first took what I was looking for and then started to look at the books.

Since I have some free time today let's just see what type of books are here. In between old and new books something caught my eye. A rusty and torn green book.

It's not something good to look at but I have a feeling that it may have something interesting. It looks like a school copy and has the handwriting of a child in it. I don't know how it ended up here but we are reading it.

I took the green copy and hid it in my notepad. Let's see what we can find in it.

Sahara ( POV )

" Here you go....just another step...yep...no...it's..." And then samrat fell on the ground again. We are not a mat...so he will not get hurt. But still it's not nice to see him fall.

My sauten ( Aditya of course...not you ) will fire me from the job if he finds out that his husband got hurt. So I have to be careful.

" Here , let me help...." I told him giving him my hand . " Comeon...let's sit and call it a day. " I told him. He holded my hand and I helped him sit on a chair.

We are practicing walking again , may take a while but I am sure he will start running again very soon , disturbing people. " Do you think I can walk again? " Asked samrat looking at his legs.

" Of course you can , your legs are getting fine. Soon you can jump from bridge again. " I told him , yep ! Tried to be little funny.

" So that I can land on your car ? " he asked with a smile , he understood the joke. " Depends..." I told him. " Depends on what ? " he asked all curious while rubbing the sweat of his forehead.

" On how you pay me ? " I asked him , my face is almost burning with embarrassment. I don't think I have talked with a boy like that. And the fact that I am trying to flirt with ' king of flirting ' made me more shy.

" Sorry forgot to ask you about that ...you will take money or
cheque? " he asked with a straight face. Is he on some wrong pill ? I just flirted and that's he answered. Did he even paid attention to what I asked?

Or maybe he is simply not interested in me. " Well I will let you know... come on...I have a set of clothes ready. I think you can take a shower. " I told him. The boy nurse helps him with that...so it's cool...just have to call him and tell him to get in.

" Wait...no wait...what was that ? You ...no no you're asking again ..." Said samrat finally looking up. " You had your time...you lost it . " I informed him , while texting the boy nurse to get in.

" You went out on a date ...what was I suppose answer after knowing that ? But we can redo it...you just have to ask again? So Ask ..." he said with puppy eyes.

" You know... Karishma and Aditya fall for those eyes not me I am a tough woman...now get ready. Den will help you get a bath....and no I wasn't offering to help you their. " I told him in advance or he will make terrible jokes about it.

" I know that...by the way Sahara jokes aside..." he said while holding my hand. " I don't know why you decided to help me , care for me , or endure my stupid jokes or bare me...but you gave me a hope. " he said with almost wet eyes.

" Hope of getting well soon , trying to be positive....you cared for me...and I can't thank you enough for it. But still thank you. " he said and well that almost brought tears in my eyes . That's so sweet of him.

" People thinks a cold blooded lawyer like me wants nothing but money but that's not true..even I deserve family don't you think. " he asked as his grip tighten.

" Yes , you do. Who told that you're a cold blooded lawyer? You're a good friend, a good uncle to Arav and others , a helping lawyer...and you deserve to have friends, family and love...." I told him .

" Can I have a hug ? " he asked and I nodded. So he pulled me in a hug. After few seconds he said " puppy eyes works. " He said and I slapped his arm. He laughed but didn't loosen his grip.

I laughed with him. It's so nice to be in his arms all relaxed and happy. Hope it stays this way forever.

Karishma ( POV)

I broke my back...it was a sitting job and my back , head ... everything is paining. It's not fun to go home with so much pain and no car. My one flat tyre so have to take a taxi. To tired to deal with it right now.

As I walked out of my building and Crossed two buildings near another publishing house whose name I told Aditya when he asked where I work. I saw a black car standing.

Aditya standing infront of it looking godly handsome, with a flower bouquet in his hand. I almost ran in his arms. It was a long day and I missed him.

" Hey ! Hope you had a good day. " he asked as I was in his arms...it was a good day already so I nodded. He let go and handed me the bouquet, it's a bouquet of flowers, chocolates and a little gift card...he is so cute.

" Let's go , I came to pick you up. " he said and handed me a cup of coffee. He held the door open like a gentle man and let me in. He soon joined me and we hit the roads.

I began to tell him what I did today before I noticed we are not going towards our home. Our cars backseat has some bags in it.

" Where are we going? " I asked him. He said " We decided to be a couple, Arav called you mom ...it's a party
time. " he said with a smile.

" And ? " I asked. " We wouldn't be a couple if we never go out ...so it's a date. We are going on a date. "