Chapter 13

Karishma ( POV )

With little gungun between us we are for the first time sharing a bed. It's awkward.

And the way he is lying in the bed on his back  with one arm over his forehead, looking so good. Maybe I shouldn't check him out like that...since he is already sleeping and I don't feel sleepy.

Let me watch some reels to calm my nerves. As I wore my headphones and started to watch reels...first song which played was laboh ko....I had to change it.

It next was ' mujha pyar Karu ' and next one was ' Aang laga de re ' I placed my phone in the side table switching my phone off. Stupid songs. It's better .....let's try to get some sleep .

Next Morning

So their is a change of plan...I was about to meet my sister. Aditya as usual left with the kids to leave them at their destination and go school. I dressed Arav since I planned to take him with me and meet my sister . But the moment I wanted to go out...I received a call from Aditya. He told me to get ready so that we could go in Aditi's school.

I was ready so I just waited for him to get home. As soon as he came I hopped in the car with him and he started to drive. " Is she sick? Aditya whats wrong?" I asked him.

" Her teacher called me she had a fight with someone...and her teacher took her to the principal. " said Aditya, aditi fought with someone...hope she is not hurt.

We reached her school in minutes , we did the formality and went to meet with the principal of the school. Aditi is sitting on the office with her head down. Her teacher a young girl standing behind her asked us " Are you Mr and Mrs sharma ? " we both nodded. " Aditi you sit here alright."she instructed Aditi than told us " Please follow me. "

We followed her and went in an office room where  an middle aged lady was  sitting on a chair talking with another teacher...thats the principal. The teacher who brought us in took her leave.  We went in and she told us to take our sits.

" I am Aditya sharma and that's my wife karishma sharma. " said Aditya and she nodded. " Good morning. " she said and we wished her morning.
" Mr sharma....that's Teacher Rose from your daughters class and she has something to discuss with you. " she said and indicated teacher Rose to speak.

" Mr sharma...your daughter physically beaten a child today. We were at the dance class where I was telling the students about the upcoming dance event. Their a group of girls told her that she couldn't participate in such sports since she doesn't have a mother .... according to them.  " as the teacher said that word , I felt a sharp pain in my heart. That's what I use to hear in my previous life.....well I used to hear that  I am an orphan.

" Since I am her teacher from start I thought its my duty to talk with you about some important thing. Aditi was a brilliant student . she was good in studies , she used to participate in programs, she was the one who used to mix with every kid in class.....but now she has changed. " she paused so that whatever she said sink in our mind.

" For sometimes she doesn't concentrate in her studies , she doesn't speak , always remains angry , she doesn't have any single friends for like months now....I am really worried for her. I think their is something thats bothering her. Today I wanted to talk separately so that I can discuss her problems with you. " she told us and thats really concerning.

"  She was really close to her mother ...and when her mother...."he couldn't bring himself to say the rest " she became silent...For work pressure I didnt give her the attention she deserves . I didn't knew what  she was going through...its my fault. " said Aditya with sad eyes. Its my fault too...I tried but didnt succeed in making her feel comfortable with me enough so that she could share her worries with me.

" Mr sharma I have lost my partner early ...so I know what you went through but for your past you cant ignore what you have right. " said principal madam. " I suggest you both give her more time , talk with her , its difficult time for her , now only your love can save her. " she said and we agreed with her.

" I will do my best. And next time I will not give you a chance to complain. " promised Aditya ,"Good , now Mrs sharma ....I know its hard for you to listen but  She from somewhere got the idea that step -mothers are bad , they treat their children's badly and doesnt give them food....I know very childish thought but its stuck in her mind now. " That sounds like something kids believed and in some point its true but not entirely true .

" You have to break that idea , children of her age are very sensitive they have to be handled with care. Sometimes something's effects their minds greatly , Mrs sharma you have to take care of that. " said principal madam to me .

" I will take care of that mam.  I will make sure she becomes happy and good like she used to be. I take her responsibility. " I told her and I will do it. Cant let my sweetheart spent her childhood all depressed like I did.

" I am sure you're doing your best to get close to her and you will succeed I am sure. But if you need help than I think I can help you. " she said and pulled out an card and said " ' Mom and daughter dance star ' is an dancing competition that we organize every year . And since aditi likes to dance...why dont you both participate in it together ? This way you can get more close to her. " said principal mam. I didnt knew she likes to dance.

" I will try my best to be with her. I will participate in it. Thanks for understanding her situation. The girl who is wounded ....how is she ? " I asked Aditi's teacher. " she is not that hurt.. We will take care of the matter don't worry. " said her teacher. We discussed some more than came back home with Aditi. She was silent during the whole ride home.

After going home Aditya took her for a father -daughter talk ..hope that helps. I called my sister and told her that I couldn't meet her for some work and would meet her in our house today evening and she agreed. I played with Arnav while waiting for Aditya. He walked in after sometime..by his face I could tell he failed.

" Aditiya don't worry I will talk with her and solve the problem.  " I told him , he sat beside me and said " Are you sure about it ? " I nodded and told " she may not think me as her mother but I will try to be her friend and help her ease her pain. Kids of her age should be playful , happy...and we have to create an environment exactly safe for her. And I will surely make her happy again. " I promised him.

" Than I will be going...will talk when I get back. " Aditya whispered pulling Arav's cheeks. " You will not have lunch with us ? " I asked him.
" Its early and I am not hungry. " he said and left . Now its time to make an angry little girl happy. Wish me luck.