𝟲𝟭 - ❝𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗲❞ 💖

❝𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳, 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘳, 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘦'𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘰�...

𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥
𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘳, 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘳
𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘦'𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵

𝘪 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳❞

- 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺, 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘺𝘭𝘦𝘴

YOU WERE BEDRIDDEN FOR DAYS, RECOVERING FROM THE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DAMAGE YOU HAD FACED ALL IN A FEW HOURS.

you had many visits from ron, harry, hermione, fred and george. often which none of them wanted to leave your bedside, however mr. weasley always ushered them away. you needed rest.

but you were never alone. you always had all of your cats by your side, all finding ways to snuggle up to you.

unlike usual, all of your cats were distant to everyone but you. even kyojuro, who was often friendly with all the others would edge away from them if they got too close.

it was strange, but you felt nice. it was comforting to have them by your side along with duck, who liked to sit on your forehead.

you had been relatively silent with every visit, but you weren't too fazed by it any more. yes what happened was horrible, but bad things seemed to have a way to come to you. it was almost like you were a magnet for them.

so you decided you couldn't sulk around when something bad happened. you had to put on your big-girl pants and suck it up. sulking around about it would only make a bad situation worse. something that could last for a day could end up being months of depressions.

so by the time school had rolled around, you were almost eager to be out of bed and doing something every day again.

despite your parents multiple frightened calls and words of worry, them believing you should not return to school, you would return. you understood where they were coming from, but to dropout of school over something that likely had nothing to actually do with you in particular would be silly.

those death eaters did not target you. you were a muggle born caught in their tracks. so there was no point in fearing for your life. if they didn't kill you then, they won't come back for you now.

so, you were back to your usual self as you all sat on the train. the others (being ron, hermione, harry, fred and george) agreed to not talk about it, but you certainly couldn't say the same for the other students.

remember how your picture had been taken when you were at the ministry?

well, some lady rita skeeter somehow managed to keep the photo after the ministry badgered everyone to delete them (they didn't want it being a big deal. it wouldn't look good on them).

using some mysterious way, your photo ended up under one of rita skeeter's headlines in the daily prophet.

now, it wasn't a big, front-page article that would stand out as soon as you laid eyes on it, it was somewhere in the middle of the daily prophet. but enough of the kids from your school and their families read the prophet for the words 'hogwarts fourth year student, [name] kanroji, attacked and crucio'd four times by death eaters at quidditch world cup fiasco!' in big, bold letters to be alarming.

you had barely been on the train twenty minutes and countless numbers of people had approached your cart.

seamus, dean, neville, lee and loads more.

each time all your cats who had taken various positions around the cart death staring them, you giving them kind words to assure you were fine.

it was slightly overwhelming when you were just trying to talk and someone would come in every other second.

but you couldn't be annoyed, they were just looking out for you.

hermione sighs out, pulling out her copy of the daily prophet with the attack on the quidditch world cup headlining, your entry a few pages further in.

she frowns as she scans the sheet.

"anything from the trolley?" the distant voice could be heard from the trolley lady and you perked up, fishing around for your coins in your small carry-on.

the voice echoes a few more times before she appears.

"anything from the trolley, dears?" the sweet old lady rolls up to your car.

"packet of drooble's and.. a liquorice wand" ron sits up, "on second thought, just the drooble's"

harry goes up behind him, ron sits back down.

"two pumpkin pasties please" you hear a sweet voice from the trolley, and you also noticed how harry was staring an abnormally long time, you bat your eyes owlishly, peeking past harry.

your lips part slightly.

as harry sits back down you smile warmly, standing up yourself with muichiro, who was on your lap, under your arm.

i'm glad harry is happy

the trolly lady beams as he catches sight of you.

"my dear! how have you been? i heard what happened, how horrible" she frowns.

you give her a kind smile, "i'm alright. it's in the past" you say cheerily before listing everything you want off, allowing the lady to pick the item up before echoing your next request.

with a hand and pocket full of sweets, you passed her the money, slipping in an extra galleon.

waving her goodbye, you sit back down.

"this is horrible" hermione says and your attention turns to her, "how can the ministry not now who conjured it? wasn't there any security or..?"

"loads, according to dad" ron says through a mouthful of droobles, "that's what worried them so much. happened right under their noses"

you open up your chocolate frog, bewitching it to not move anymore before chowing down. you couldn't eat it when it was moving like that, it felt like you were eating a live animal.

harry scratches his forehead.

hermione looks up at him, "it's hurting again, isn't it? your scar"

harry shakes his head, "i'm fine"

hermione leans forwards, "you know sirius will want to hear about this... what you saw at the world cup and the dream"

harry glances out the window, you purse your lips.

you should probably write to him again, too. you and him had become pretty good friends, sending back and forth letters. you were unsure of whether he knew about what went down with you at the quidditch world cup.

it was highly likely he knew about the whole event, but you doubted he could really get his hands on any newsletters.

just another thing to possibly go wrong.

date posted : 29/09/23