𝟳𝟯 - ❝𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴❞

❝𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘺𝘢 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘢𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘵𝘩𝘢...

𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘺𝘢 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘮
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘢
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮
𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘯𝘰𝘸❞

- 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘰 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦, 𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘯

"HEY, MIONE?"

the girl turned to you from her feet as they padded in the snow.

"do you mind if we go to some clothing or material stores today? i'd like to get started on our dresses soon"

she beams and nods, "oh, yes! speaking of, err, you wouldn't mind sketching my dress up for me? honestly i can't think of what would suit me"

you beam so bright she squinted her eyes, [skin colour] cheeks flushing with a vibrant pink, "ohhh! yes, yes, yess!! i'd lovee tooooo!!" you squealed, hugging her tight. she blushed, smiling at your excitement.

the two of you were on your ways to hogsmeade for a girls day, ron and harry doing their own thing.

"oh gosh and we can look at hair accessories and makeup and jewellery!!" you jumped up and down, swaying back and forth as you hugged hermione's arm, barely able to contain your excitement.

first up you both headed into a small fabric store that not many people populated.

immediately you grabbed hermione's shoulders and turned her straight in front of you, taking a wide step back and pinching your chin, humming as you scanned her up and down.

she flushed at the attention, tempted to shrink in on herself out of embarrassment but knowing she felt comfortable with you and you were merely trying to decide what she should wear, she refrained.

"i won't buy anything too stand out-ish yet, i'll do a few sketches when we get back and you can pick your favourite! but, the colours i think would suit you would be.. hm.. a sort of muave.. yes.. hm.. yellow would look amazing, too... ohh i can definitely see a periwinkle, too.. and a light sort of pinkish colour.. oh this is too hard!!"

you turn around picking out a few different colour variations of long bits of fabric, "i'll just buy a few different colours for now and once we have the design decided i can match up some colours!"

hermione just smiled and nodded, finding your rambling quite adorable.

you bought a few things from that store before hermione pointed out a jewellery store, you beamed and you both entered.

there were many types of jewellery, necklaces, rings, bracelets, hair pieces, all in a variety of colours.

you and hermione both go around, picking out a few different things though you both decided on going pretty simple with the jewellery, not having too much and preferring to have your dresses as the centre of attention.

after going to that store and another jewellery store to scope out your options, you both sat down at the three broomsticks for a butterbeer.

you both ordered one and scooted in a booth, giggling to each other about your yule ball dates.

but as you talked happily about cedric, her chest tightened and her stomach knotted, her eyebrows furrowing.

she didn't know what this feeling was, the feeling that stabbed at her heart and whispered in her ear. the feeling that made her want to just grab you and not let you go, show you she was so much better than cedric.

"mione?"

she blinked upwards, meeting with your concern-filled pale green eyes.

she bit the inside of her cheek, plastering on a smile, "yep! sorry, spaced out"

you smiled, glancing to your waiter as he came over with your two butter beers. you beamed at him with a thanks and he blushed, scurrying away.

hermione's fists clenched her pants, she frowned.

what was wrong with her? why all of a sudden did every interaction you had with other people seem to punch her in the gut? the way that guy had blushed just by you thanking him made her stomach churn. why was she feeling like this?

she let out a heavy breath, scampering away from your soft eyes and taking a sip from her butterbeer.

you took a sip from yours too, smiling at the yummy taste.

though you were concerned about hermione. it had seemed all of a sudden she had a flip of emotions and was acting distant.

you frowned, had you done something? said something?

you shake your head, stopping yourself from looking too deep into it.

the two of you enjoyed your butterbeers, moving onto other topics than the yule ball, particularly the golden eggs that sat in yours and harry's room.

neither of you, nor cedric so far, had figured out the egg, though you had a sneaking suspicion that cedric had an idea.

after finishing your butterbeers, with hermione acting normal again, you both continued through hogsmeade, glancing around some more stores before finally grabbing some sweets from honeyduke's before heading back to hogwarts, excitement filling your chest to start sketching up dress ideas.

date posted ; 17/04/24