𝟯𝟲 - ❝𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗦❞

"ᴵ'ˡˡ ᵗʳʸ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵗᵒ ˢᵗᵃʳᵛᵉ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵈ ᵃᵗ ᵐᵉ. ᴬⁿᵈ ᴵ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ⁱⁿ ᵈᵉⁿⁱᵃˡ ᶠᵒʳ ᵃᵗ ˡᵉᵃˢᵗ ᵃ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ʷʰⁱˡᵉ. ᵂʰᵃᵗ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖˡᵃⁿˢ ʷᵉ ᵐᵃᵈᵉ?" ⁻ ᵀⱽ ; ᴮⁱˡˡⁱᵉ ᴱⁱˡⁱˢʰ

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

ONCE YOU HAD ARRIVED, EVERYONE HAD TAKEN CARRIAGES TO SCHOOL AS YOURS WAS MOSTLY SILENT.

harry was still thinking over what happened, and you were still feeling the drawbacks of your happiness being sucked out.

you were all now sitting in the hall, silently listening to the school chorus play out the end of their song. it was storming heavily outside, somehow adding to their performance which was accompanied by large, ugly toads.

professor flitwick was leading it, flicking his wand and hands to the sound, somehow instructing the students.

the chorus group clears as their song finally finishes, with everyone clapping loudly.

you were, like usual sat at hufflepuff table in-between hannah and susan, though both of which seemed oddly.. different. they were both whispering secretly amongst themselves behind you, you obviously not listening as not wanting to eavesdrop, but they were also giving you some looks that didn't seem very nice.

you wondered what you did wrong. everything had been fine last year, and when you were sending letters back and forth during the holidays, so what had changed in the time from when they seen you this morning to this moment? it made your mood dampen even worse than it already was.

though you hoped to encounter cedric while leaving the hall, having missed him during the holidays. and since you didn't know his address, the two of you couldn't exchange letters.

dumbledore stands up, "welcome! welcome to another year at hogwarts" he spreads his arms cheerfully.

"now, i'd like to say a few words.. before we all become to befuddled by our excellent feast" your stomach rumbles almost on command, you face flushes red, the two beside you give a judgemental look, you shrink in on yourself.

"first, i'm pleased to welcome professor r.j. lupin... who's kindly consented to fill the post.. of defence against the dark arts teacher"

you grin widely, your mood back. you liked him, he seemed really nice!

"good luck, professor"

lupin stands up, bowing gratefully as the whole room claps for him.

you look back at gryffindor table, seeing draco probably harassing your group again.