𝟲𝟳 - ❝𝗻𝗲𝘄𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗹𝗶𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀❞ 👛

double update cause i forgot abt the interview chapter when already half-finished so!

❝𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘯𝘰 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘶𝘴𝘦❞

𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘯𝘦𝘸
𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘦
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘯𝘰 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘶𝘴𝘦❞

- 9 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴, 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘦𝘯 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦

BOTH HARRY AND YOU WERE THE NEW TALK OF THE SCHOOL.

harry hated the attention, you didn't mind, but it was getting pretty uncomfortable.

keep in mind, it was two different kinds of attention.

while harry was being hated on and frowned upon by the others, you were being fussed over to no end.

as in, you couldn't take a single step without someone panicking for your health and asking you if you were scared or okay and that you should beg to be taken out of the competition. sure, you appreciated it sometimes, and yes, you were very much scared, but i got really quite annoying.

you internally questioned why there was such a divide between you and harry. why was he the bane of everyone's existence and you were the source of their worry?

you wondered sometimes if it was due to your house.

after all, when cedric became champion, hufflepuffs were overjoyed. after all, they never really got a chance to shine, and then there harry comes along, a gryffindor, who are used to getting plenty of attention. and then was you, also a hufflepuff, so you wondered if that was the reason.

and for harry, they possibly assumed that he was just on this constant strive for more attention and that this was just another ploy to make 'the boy who lived' a champion again.

you felt quite sad at that, your heart hurting at the unfair division in affection.

you stuck around the boy quite often now as nobody tended to say anything to him when you were there, knowing it made you sad. all that happened was plenty of glares thrown his way, both for you clinging to his side and for his name being called.

you had also confided with both him and cedric not long after the rita skeeter interview, as they were quite worried when you stormed out. both were furious at the skeeter woman for her accusations.

ron was also set with thinking harry had put his name in the goblet, and he wouldn't bother to listen if you you or him tried to say he wouldn't do that without telling him.

bit odd, really, because ron was at the same time, worried about you for it. you seriously wondered why no one thought for a second you put your own name in.

ron was probably mostly hurt by the fact harry didn't tell him, even though he didn't put his own name in, which you knew was true.

hermione was in the middle, just kind of distancing herself from the two of them, not wanting to take sides. you didn't like taking sides either, but you stuck around harry so he wouldn't be mercilessly bullied.