𝟳𝟮 - ❝𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘆𝘂𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹?❞

compensation for lack of chapters!!

lets pretend hufflepuff and gryffindor merge for this

also! what colour should [name]'s yule ball dress be? are we thinking pink? green? something else?

❝𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘦, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸?𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰...

❝𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭
𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘦, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸?
𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦
𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳
𝘪 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳
𝘰𝘩, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵, 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭❞

- 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭, 𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘸𝘪𝘧𝘵

"THE YULE BALL.."

you blink,

yule ball?

".. has been a tradition of the-" filch struggles to set up the music player, "-triwizard tournament.. since its inception. on christmas eve night, we and our guests.. gather in the great hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. as representatives of the host school i expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. and i mean this literally because.. the yule ball is, first and foremost.. a dance"

you and hermione glance at each other excitedly.

"oooh hermione can i please please please sew our dresses!!"

hermione's lips form an 'o'.

you had been practicing to sew for years now and you could say confidently that you were pretty good and making two beautiful dresses would be both a challenge and super exciting.

she nodded with a grin, you cheered silently.

the girls were chatting excitedly while the boys were moaning and groaning.

"silence! the house of godric gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. i will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons"

you snort, covering your face as a few stares directed your way.

"now, to dance.. is to let the body breathe. in every girl, a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight. inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. mr. weasley"

you perk up.

"yes?"

"will you join me, please?"

they both walk up, mcgonagall hold her hands out, "now, put your right hand on my waist"