THE TRUTH

ELIORA'S POV

Today is the day I'm going to tell Alex about his real parents. He's already 12 years old and mature.

"Are you sure? You want to do this alone?" Azriel asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I leaned back and took a deep breath.  "Yes. I want to do this alone." I said, not sure about I'm telling him or myself.

I've to do this one day, because if Alex got to know this from someone else, it'll be not good.

"Today is my brother's and sister-in -law's 12th death anniversary....and I'll take him to their cemetery." I turned back and hugged Azriel. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly.

"You don't need to do this, we can still live like we did till now." He says, and I can sense hurt in his voice.

"Azriel....I know it will...hurt you.... but we need to do this." I said, pressing my face in his chest. I heard him take a sharp breath.

"Call me if you need me." He says, kissing my forehead.  "Okay, I will." I replied and fixed his tie.

The door of our bedroom burst open and five kids ran inside. They chased each other around the room.

Alex, Aurora, Asteria, Lucian and Simon. 

Aurora and Alex are teenagers now. Four years ago, Adeline was pregnant and gave birth to a boy, Lucian.

And I got pregnant again, when Adeline was 5 months pregnant, I gave birth to a boy too.

So, now we have 2 teenagers and 3 toddlers running around in our home. Who love each other very dearly. 

"Kids!! Stop running, you'll get hurt!" Azriel quickly went towards them and tried to stop them. I laughed at the scene, he's trying to pick up toddlers but they're a little too fast.

"Kids? No more running." Joseph brother came into the room looking exhausted. 

Looks like, kids really gave him a hard time!!

"Brother, help me to stop them." Azriel said and both brothers started trying to get kids.

But the kids were too fast and escaped easily. They giggle every time both brothers lose to catch them.

"You both brothers are old now." I tease them, and laugh as they turn to look at me in shock.

"You're calling us old man!?" They both asked and the kids started to laugh.

"Dad, uncle are old men." Alex and Aurora said and toddlers giggled with them.

"You!! Now see how we catch them." Azriel says and rolled up his sleeves. Both brothers quickly catch kids.

Joseph held Aurora and Asteria, and Azriel was holding Simon and Lucian, in their arms. As toddlers giggle, trying to escape again.

"Take them to the dining room, Adeline might already set the breakfast." Brother Joseph said and Azriel nodded towards me before leaving.

Alex came and hugged me. My son grew up so fast! It feels like he was a toddler yesterday and today he's a teenager.

"Mumma? Are you going to that place again?" He asked, looking at me cutely.

"How do you know?" I asked and ran my fingers through his hair.

"You almost every year go somewhere on this day, so I thought you're going again." He mumbled and kept hugging me.

"Yes. I'm going today too." I said and kissed his forehead.  "Can I come with you too?" He asked, looking into my eyes.

"Okay, I also wanted you to come with me today." I nodded and he looked at me in confusion.

"Me? Why did you want to take me?" He asked but I decided not to answer him and lead him downstairs towards the dining room.

We had breakfast and I left for the cemetery with Alex. Everyone knows why I'm taking Alex with me. At first they disagreed on this.

Mom says that  'it's okay not to tell him, it's past',  

Adeline said  'it doesn't matter now, it will only hurt you and him', 

But I can't hide this truth anymore, it feels heavy day by day to lie to Alex about me being his mother. 

Obviously, I love him like a mother and Azriel loves him like a father, but Alex deserves to know about his real parents.

Even if this hurts me and Azriel.

I stopped the car outside of the cemetery. 

"Mumma? Why are we at the cemetery?" Alex asked and followed me inside the cemetery. I walked towards the two cemeteries and started to clean it.

"Alex..." I called out his name as he looked at the cemetery. 

"Yes, mumma?" He answered and sat beside me, he also started to help me to clean the cemetery.

"Baby, I want to confess something to you....and I know you might hate me for this." I said and he looked towards me but I didn't look him in the eye and kept looking at the cemetery.

"Mumma? What are you—" he tried to say something but I cutted him off.

"I'm not your mother!!" I said, holding back my tears. His hands freeze at the spot.

"Mumma? What are you saying? Please don't prank me? It's not funny." He says in a shaky voice.

"They're your real parents. Me and Azriel aren't your real parents." I said and looked towards him. He froze in his place and looked at the cemetery with horrified expression.

"He's my elder brother and his wife, Alexander Knight and Catherine Knight. They're your birth parents, not me." I said, cleaning the cemetery.

I started to tell him everything from the start. How his parents died, and how I adopted him, how Azriel met him, about my revenge, and everything.

He was sitting silently, and listening to everything without any expression and motion. 

When I finished telling him everything, he stood up and left the cemetery. I exhale the breath, I didn't even know that I was holding as tears ran down my cheeks.

After crying a lot, I wiped my tears and left the cemetery and sat inside the car. Alex was in the backseat with his eyes closed.

I noticed the dried tears on his cheeks and his tears running down on his cheeks from the corner of his eyes. I know he's acting to sleep but I didn't point it out and drive back home.

We didn't talk the whole ride and as soon as I parked the car outside of the house, Alex got out of the car and walked inside the house.

I again burst into tears. 

I messed up everything!!

He hates me now.

My son, my Alex , hates me now.

I should've listened to everyone.

Suddenly my side door opened and a pair of arms wrapped around me. I hugged him and cried hard.

"Shhh.... I'm here." Azriel whispered softly and caressed my hair.

"I...I messed up. He hates me now." My voice broke as I tried to say. Azriel didn't say anything and kept hugging me.
.
.
.
.
.
.

THANK YOU FOR READING PLEASE VOTE SUBSCRIBE COMMENTS AND SUPPORT ME 😀

TO GET THE NEXT CHAPTER FAST VOTE 100+ AND COMMENT YOUR FAVORITE PART.