Chapter 3 - Sophie

It was 19:55. Fitz should be here any minute. I had literally spent 2 hours getting myself ready (Biana would be proud) especially with my makeup. Who knew doing eyeliner just right could be so hard? Maybe it would be worth talking to Biana about it...

Suddenly, Fitz knocked on the door and I ran downstairs to open the door.

"Hey, Fitz!" I smiled and he smiled back.

"Hey! Great to see you. Ready to go? You look beautiful, by the way." I blushed.

"GRADY! EDALINE! I'M GOING WITH FITZ NOW! SEE YOU LATER!" I yelled and Fitz laughed.

"ALL GOOD!" Edaline screamed back. "OH, WILL YOU ACTUALLY SHUT UP, GRADY? SHE'S 18, LET HER GO!" I immediately started laughing. I was practically dying, I was laughing so hard. Classic old Edaline.

"Alright, let's head out. Hold onto me." Fitz smirked and I blushed again. Seriously, what is with all the blushing? I put my hand around Fitz as we light leaped away.

A few seconds later, Fitz and I were on the top of a beautiful hill surrounded by trees with pink flowers and nature. 

"Do you like it?" Fitz asked and I nodded vigorously. He laughed. We sat there for a few moments in silence, just appreciating the world around us.

"So..." I began.

"I brought some food," Fitz said and I immediately drooled. "Mallowmelt, your favourite." I blushed and he blushed as well. "Here, you take the first bite." Fitz held out the mallowmelt in his hand and I immediately grabbed it with my teeth and gnawed at it like a dog. "Hungry, aren't you?" Fitz asked and I nodded, mainly focused on finishing the mallowmelt. Fitz looked down at me for a second and then took my iPod out of my shorts pocket. He started to play some relaxing music while we ate.

"Thank you so much, Fitz," I said after I finished my mallowmelt. "Tonight was wonderful."

"Anything for you," Fitz whispered and we both blushed. "Wow! Already 22:00? I should take you home now." 

"Aww..." I mumbled. "I've been enjoying this so much!" 

"So have I," Fitz whispered, "... but we can do one last thing before we go back to Havenfield." I looked up at him as he closed his eyes and leaned in for a kiss. Was I ready for this?

Before I knew it, I leaned in and kissed him back.