Chapter 49 - Shadel (THIRD PERSON POV)

Hey guys! Here is the chapter with Shadel being experimented on. I hope you enjoy it!

NOTE: THIS IS A THIRD-PERSON POV OF SHADEL, LADY GISELA AND FITZ.

Shadel laid there, strapped down to a cold, metal table in the dimly lit room. Lady Gisela and Fitz stood nearby, their eyes locked on him with curiosity and determination. In their hands, they held a strange machine that hummed quietly to life.

"This is the second time we've attempted this experiment," Fitz said, his voice cold and scientific. "We're not sure exactly what will happen, so we need to proceed with caution. If you want that whole group we kidnapped alive and running, yet more powerful, we have to be cautious with what we do."

"Shh! We can't have Shadel hearing that!" Lady Gisela whispered and Fitz nodded quickly. "But yes, it's crucial that we keep him alive until we can see the results of the experiment."

Shadel struggled against the restraints, trying to break free, but it was no use. Lady Gisela and Fitz approached him, their faces hidden behind safety experimental masks. In their hands, they held a variety of syringes, potions, and other strange devices.

"All right, let's begin," Lady Gisela, her voice firm. "We need to inject him with the serum to start the experiment."

Shadel let out a cry of pain as Fitz stepped forward with a large syringe and pushed the needle into his arm. He could feel the cold liquid spreading through his body, causing a burning sensation in his veins.

Lady Gisela then joined him, holding up a small vial of potion. "And let's not forget this. It will help the serum reach his brain and trigger the new ability, or who knows, something else."

Shadel's body was suddenly wracked with pain. He could feel his muscles twitching and tightening as the serum and potion took effect. Lady Gisela and Fitz stood over him, their eyes fixed on what he might do.

"Let's increase the intensity of the machine now," Fitz said, turning a dial on the strange device.

Shadel let out a cry as the machine began to hum louder, sending shocks of electricity through his body. He could feel his heart racing and his skin burning. The restraints on the gurney strained against his movements, but he was too weak to resist.

"Stop, please! I beg you! I'll do anything for you if you just let me go; I can't handle this any longer! Please!" Shadel begged as Lady Gisela smirked. 

"Remember what I told you about protesting? Remember my warning?" She smirked and Shadel gasped as he remembered the warning. 

Before he could reply, Lady Gisela turned towards Fitz and nodded. Almost immediately, Fitz turned towards Shadel and, even though he was handcuffed, held Shadel down tightly so that he couldn't squirm and move around.

"Punishment time," Fitz smirked at Shadel as he fearfully looked down, only to see Lady Gisela walking up to his left leg slowly. Shadel sucked in a breath as he felt Lady Gisela pull her gloves off and slowly put her hands on his leg.

"Ready?" Lady Gisela asked as Shadel bit his lip. 

"You don't have to do -" Shadel began to say as Lady Gisela pulled and twisted his leg in the opposite direction. Shadel screamed in pain, his bone broken and his leg pointed in the other direction. Lady Gisela began to worsen it, moving Shadel's leg up and down and making it crack and break even more.

"STOP, STOP! YOU CAN DO YOUR EXPERIMENT! JUST STOP!" Shadel called out, and Fitz slowly let go of him. Lady Gisela slowly took her hands off Shadel's broken leg, then turned towards Fitz again.

"Turn the dial to 100%." With that, the machine next to Shadel began to hum and shake as his blood felt like it was boiling. Shadel screamed with pain, too weak to resist. A few minutes later, the machine turned off and Shadel took multiple breaths.

"That's enough, time to take you back. Nothing has happened. You're a failure." Lady Gisela snarled and Shadel rolled his eyes. All of that for nothing?

Linh arrived back into the room as they quickly teleported back to the hotel, back to all the other kids. 

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Make sure to stay updated for more coming soon!