Chapter 34 - Sophie

Hi guys! Guess what! I literally had to REWRITE this chapter since I forgot to do the one about the house!! I tried to copy and paste the old version of this chapter into here but it wasn't working  😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 

                                                      *** 5 years later (Calla is 5 years old)***

I can't believe that today is finally my wedding! It's going to be so special, and we definitely deserve it. 

"Okay, so, your wedding is in 3 hours. Let's spend 1 hour buying your dress, 1 hour and 55 minutes doing your makeup, and finally 5 minutes to get there and mentally prepare yourself." Biana said excitedly. I invited her over earlier today to help me get ready for this unforgettable day.

"Alright, so... where am I going to get my dress?" I wondered out loud and Biana lit up excitedly.

"I've got the perfect place, but there's just one thing..." Biana started, then began to trail off.

"What is it?" I asked. "Is it bad?" 

"No, no, nothing like that," she said slowly. "It's just that the store is in the Forbidden Cities." I gasped suddenly.

"The Forbidden Cities? I don't think we're allowed to go there." I said.

"Yeah, but like, come on. You're over 18. You're an adult now, so nobody can tell you off. It'll be two seconds, anyway." Biana pointed out. 

"I guess, but what if the people there find out that we're elves?" I asked and Biana thought for a moment.

"How the hell are they supposed to figure out we're elves? It's not like we're going to use our abilities or anything like that." Biana said, and I considered it.

"What about light-leaping? Somebody could spot us then report it to the police." 

"We'll just light-leap somewhere private, like the dressing rooms or something. It'll be fine, just chill." Biana said and I sighed.

"Alright, let's go, then. I'll hold onto you so you can light-leap us to the store you are planning to take me to." I said and Biana nodded. She quickly held my body close to hers and we swiftly teleported into one of the store's private changing rooms. I breathed a sigh of relief as there was nobody here. I looked at Biana and we nodded at each other. We quickly opened the door and walked to the cashier.

"Hi there! My name is Biana, and this is Sophie." Biana said, gesturing to me. "Is it alright if we go and look at some wedding dresses?" 

"Of course!" The cashier said. "I will help -" 

"No, no, it's okay, don't worry," Biana said almost too quickly. The cashier looked skeptical, but he just left it there.

"Okay, you can go and search for a dress. Isn't Sophie a little too young to be getting married, though? She looks 16. Do you guys have a parent's signature or something? I will need to see it." The nosy cashier began. I quickly interrupted.

"Oh no, Biana and I are actually sisters," I lied straight through my teeth. "Our mother actually has a very rare gene that makes her look younger than she actually is. She's about fifty right now, but looks 25."

"So... are you guys saying you're 32?" he asked.

"Yes! That's it! But since we've told you our whole story, you're not going to make us show you our cards? We're just two girls, trying to have the best day possible. You aren't going to make us be late, are you?" Biana said with her Goody Gumdrops face, and the cashier sighed.