Chapter 41 - Calla

Hi guys! For this chapter, it's going to be Calla's (Keefe and Sophie's daughter) POV. Enjoy!!

WARNING: LEGACY SPOILERS + SOME OF MY THEORIES AND GUESSES FOR THE TENTH KOTLC BOOK!

My mom, my dad, Biana, Dex, Marella, Maruca, Linh, Tam, and Wylie were all in one room together, having a family-friends weekend.

"Hey guys, how about instead of staying inside, we go to that one beautiful tree for a picnic?" My dad suggested and everyone considered this for a moment.

"Keefe, you know that the... notorious cave... is really close to that tree, right?" My mom whispered in his ear.

"Foster - I mean Sencen - it'll be fine! Come on, we defeated the Neverseen over 20 years ago. Do you really think that all of that traumatic stuff from the past is going to happen again?" My dad pointed out and my mom rolled her eyes.

"Okay, fine. That's true. Alright, guys, who wants to go have a picnic?" My mom called out and the whole room shouted 'YES!' and exploded with excitement.

With that, my mom and dad quickly packed a bunch of food for the picnic and we set out for the tree.

                                                                             *AT THE TREE*

"This is so nice!" Aunt Biana said happily as she laid back on the tree's trunk. 

"I know, right?" Dex said as he gave Biana a kiss on her cheek. "So pretty and relaxing."

All of the parents laid back comfortingly as all my friends and I all looked at each other. I quickly opened my minds towards all of them.

'Now?' I asked my friends telepathically and they all agreed silently. I closed the telepathic connection and turned towards my mom.

"Mom?" I asked nervously as she looked at me.

"Yes, honey?" she asked and I took a deep breath.

"Who or what is the Neverseen?" I asked and all the parents looked up and bit their lips, looking at each other nervously. They were obviously having a telepathic conversation since they were all staring in each other's eyes and not saying a word.

"Alright, I guess it's time we told you," Marella sighed and Maruca nodded.

"It's a pretty long story, are you guys sure you want to hear it?" Maruca asked and we all nodded eagerly.

"Okay, so," my mom began, "About 25 years ago, all of us were working together with a man named Mr. Forkle and the rest of the council to defeat an evil group called the Neverseen."

"What did the Neverseen do?" Shadel asked and I shushed him.

"Shush, Shadel! They're about to tell us!" I said quickly as I turned back to the adults.

"Well, the Neverseen actually kidnapped me and Dex over here by that cave about 50 meters away." My mom said, pointing at the cave behind us. 

"My mom, your grandmother, Calla, a bad woman called Lady Gisela was the leader of the group. She was an awful lady and forced Tam to use his Shade powers combined with light powers (to all of the readers who have read legacy: I cannot remember what exactly happened in that moment, correct me if I'm wrong) to do something my mom always wanted me to do." My dad said.

"Fulfill your legacy," Everyone said together. Geez. This must have been serious.

"When the shadows and light hit me, I got these new, uncontrollable powers that caused me to be able to control people on command by saying words like stop, or freeze. Look, I'll demonstrate." Suddenly, my dad closed his eyes for a second, opened them again, then turned to my mom and said 'STOP'. Suddenly, my mom froze in her place, unable to move or speak. My dad smiled as he said 'GO' and my mom could move again.

"That was so cool!" Scarre said.

"It sounds cool, but it took decades to master," my dad warned. "When I first got my powers, I frantically wrote a letter to Sophie saying I was going to run away to the Forbidden Cities because I didn't want to hurt anybody here."

"Did you actually do that?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, I did, no joke," my dad said quietly. "Thankfully, I was able to learn how to control my powers in the span of 20 years, so now, I've learnt how to turn the powers on and off. Did you see how I closed my eyes right before I told Sophie to stop? That's because I had to turn my powers on. I'm so grateful I learnt how to do that." 

"Also, you know how I told you that when I was younger, I found out that Oralie was my real mom and we didn't know who my real dad was?" My mom said and I nodded.

"Well, about 10 years ago, we learnt that Gethen is actually my dad. Gethen is also a bad man who worked for the Neverseen in the past." 

"NO WAY, THAT'S CRAZY!" I said, stunned. "Is there anything else you learnt?" 

"Well, we actually realized that a person called 'Elysian' is actually -" My mom began, but suddenly, a group of people wearing black teleported in front of us.

"What the -" Tam said and everyone gasped.

"THE NEVERSEEN!" Maruca said as the parents stood up.

"It's great to see you all," A mysterious person at the front of the group said, smirking. "Especially you, son." Suddenly, the person covered in black pulled her hood down to reveal...

"LADY GISELA?!" Everyone said, stunned.

"WE KILLED YOU A LONG TIME AGO!" My dad said angrily. "YOU SHOULD BE DEAD!" 

"But I'm not," My grandmother teased. "Also, I'm pleased to announce that we have a new recruit to the one and only Neverseen. Ritz Savory Cracker, pull your hood down."

Suddenly, the person right next to Lady Gisela pulled his hood down to reveal that he was my parents' worst nightmare.

"FITZ?" Sophie yelled with confusion. "WHY ARE YOU PART OF THE NEVERSEEN? IS THAT WHY YOU HAVEN'T BEEN IN CONTACT WITH US FOR OVER 20 YEARS?!" 

"The code name is Ritz Savory Cracker, and yes, I haven't been in contact because I SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLA'S DAD!" Fitz yelled angrily. "I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FATHER, BUT NO, YOU CHOSE KEEFE! ALL I WANTED WAS TO BE A HAPPY FAMILY WITH YOU AND KEEFE RUINED IT!" 

"First of all, what kind of code name is 'Ritz Savory Cracker', and second of all, SOPHIE AND I ARE SOULMATES!" My dad yelled out.

"SURE, SOULMATES! NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE NEVERSEEN'S REVENGE!" Fitz cackled evilly and Lady Gisela smirked.

"Say goodbye to your kids." 

"NO!" I screamed as my grandmother handcuffed me like I was a criminal and shoved me in a ginormous bag. I heard screaming and yelling as I figured all of my friends got shoved in bags as well as me.

"MOM, STOP!" My dad yelled from outside as Lady Gisela and the rest of the Neverseen lifted all the bags up and held onto them tightly.

"Time to experiment! MAKE SURE YOU EXPERIMENT ON ACCEPTING THAT YOU ALL ARE NEVER GETTING YOUR KIDS BACK! IT'S TIME TO FULFILL MY GRANDDAUGHTER'S LEGACY!" Lady Gisela cackled loudly as we teleported away.

Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. That was a serious plot twist with Fitz as a new member of the Neverseen! Honestly, I kind of saw it coming. (😏) (coming?

Anyway, please make sure to stay updated for new parts coming out soon!