Chapter 4 - Sophie

It was 20:00 the next night. I had a wonderful night last night with Fitz, but now I'm ready for Keefe and see if I prefer him over Fitz. A few seconds later, Keefe knocked on the door. I ran downstairs to answer it.

"Hey, Keefe!" I said, excited, "You look great."

"So do you, my favourite little Foster," Keefe said and I blushed.

"EDALINE! GRADY! I'M LEAVING NOW! SEE YOU LATER!" I screamed, and I could hear Grady grumble. He obviously didn't want to accept that I was about to start dating after I chose who was going to be my boyfriend...

Before I knew it, Keefe grabbed onto me and we light-leaped away. I would have preferred it if he asked like Fitz did...

"We're here!" Keefe cheered. 

"Wow, this is... beautiful..." I whispered and Keefe beamed from ear to ear.

"I knew you'd like it. Also, look over there... can you see Calla's tree?" I immediately whipped around to where Keefe was pointing, and he was right, I could see Calla's tree.

"You know so much about me! That was so nice of you to do."

"Here, sit down," Keefe said as he laid down a picnic blanket. I sat down and he handed me a piece of mallowmelt. I immediately gnawed it down.

"So... how's everything going? School, Never- actually, I was about to say the Neverseen, but we've defeated them already! I can't believe we did that a week ago. Seriously, my mom became so predictable, didn't she?" I immediately laughed and nearly choked on the mallowmelt. "Whoa, be careful!" Keefe said quickly as I chewed down the final pieces of mallowmelt.

"This was so thoughtful of you, Keefe," I smiled at him.

"I'm going to make it even more special. Do you want to go for a walk?" 

"Sure, why not?" With that, Keefe took my hand and we walked down the hills towards Calla's tree. He immediately sat down and I sat down next to him.

"Relax into the tree... relax into Calla. Let all your problems and worries float away." I rested into the tree and I felt more relaxed. 

"I'm actually going to do this more often," I said, turning towards Keefe, "This is a great way to take your mind off everything and just chill."

"I'm so glad you like it," Keefe whispered. "Wow, 22:00 already? I think I should take you back."

"Oh, alright. Thank you so much, Keefe," I said.

"Let's finish this date off nicely, though..." Keefe whispered as he closed his eyes and leaned in for a kiss. I just kissed Fitz yesterday... was it really right to kiss Keefe now?

I put my hands on Keefe's lips. "I-I'm sorry Keefe, I... I don't think I'm ready yet..." Keefe pulled away and smiled.

"That's okay, I respect that." I could tell Keefe was a little hurt.

"Thank you for tonight, though, Keefe. I'll tell you and Fitz tomorrow who I'll choose." Keefe immediately lit up.

"It'll be me, right?"

"You'll find out tomorrow! No spoilers!" I squirmed and we both laughed. Keefe smiled one more time and placed his hand softly around my waist. A few seconds later, we light leaped all the way back to Havenfield.

"Thanks Foster, I'll see you tomorrow." Keefe smiled at the front of the door. 

"See you tomorrow," I smiled and closed the door.

I think I already knew my decision.