Chapter 57 - Calla

Hey guys! Here's another chapter for you :D 

"Calla? Calla, is everything okay?" Shadel asked me, tapping my shoulder repeatedly as my head was weirdly hanging to the right.

"Y... yeah..." I mumbled, not being able to really answer my friends. Everyone turned towards me, looking at me worriedly.

"Calla, did the experiment do something to you?" Juline asked.

Suddenly, my head snapped back to reality. The experiment. That's what it was. I couldn't remember...

I quickly turned towards my friends, now feeling more alert. "Yes, I remember now. The experiment... I... I remember Lady Gisela saying... time to complete your father's legacy... that's so weird, I don't really know what it means..."

Suddenly, Scarre looked at us all with excitement. "Guys, don't you remember? Keefe, Calla's dad, told us that he had these weird abilities where he could tell people to stop, start, freeze, and more! Calla, guys, don't you realize, while Lady Gisela is setting up more potions and stuff for us to try in a few hours, we could train Calla to be able to use these abilities! This is the perfect opportunity for us to all ESCAPE!" 

I looked at Scarre with amazement. "Scarre, seriously, you are so smart. That's a perfect plan. Although, you just make it sound easier than it actually is. I do need to train these new powers of mine, but how am I supposed to train them if we're tied to these ropes?"

"This is how!" Juline exclaimed, and we watched her flick her wrist in a weird way. Suddenly, her arm became unstuck, and with that advantage, she removed herself from the table and stood up, facing us.

"Juline, how the hell did you do that?" Shadel asked in amazement and Juline blushed with pride. 

"Look, I may be Talentless, but I'm double-jointed and have a few tricks up my sleeves. Anyway, let me all untie you."

Juline quickly got to work, removing us from the ropes and getting us free from the tables we were attached to. We all quickly praised Juline, then began focusing on my training. 

My friends all lined up, standing in front of me, and I faced towards them, preparing myself to do anything they asked. Anything to escape.

"Okay, first off, try doing simple commands, like... telling me to 'stop'. Like how your dad showed us a few days ago, I should just... stop moving and freeze somehow. Then, once you've done that, try saying 'go'. Ready?" Scarre said and I nodded.

I counted down from three in my head. 3... 2... 1... 

"Stop..." I said towards Scarre. He could still move and talk. Fail.

"You need to be more... energetic!" Juline suggested. "Feel the power towards Scarre." I nodded again. This time I would try harder. 3... 2... 1...

"Stop!" I exclaimed towards Scarre again, and this time, he actually froze in place. I was wondering if he was just teasing, but why would anyone tease at a time like this?

"Calla, you did it! You're amazing!" Shadel exclaimed and I beamed. "Try saying 'go' to him now, okay?" I nodded again.

"Go!" I said confidently, then Scarre came 'back to life', I guess you could say. We all exclaimed in happiness and gave each other high-fives.

"Okay, so we know you can do that now. 'Freeze' is practically the same as 'stop', so what should we try now?" Juline asked. I thought for a moment.

"Honestly, I feel like that's everything we need," I smirked, "We'll be just fine."

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Like father, like daughter, am I right? Anyway, more chapters are coming out soon, so stay updated!