Special Chapter: The First Encounter

Blaise's POV

"Please, hindi talaga namin kilala kung sino 'yong bumili. Nung dineliver namin 'yong mga items, mid man lang din ang nakausap namin."

More or less, nagsasabi naman ng totoo ang tarantadong to but somehow, I am not in the mood to put up with anyone's nonsense right now, kaya hindi ko na pinatagal pa. Still clutching him by his neck, pinagsusuntok ko siya.

"Blaise.." I could hear my dad's voice, but I chose to ignore it. I did not stop until my fist had managed to break the bastard's nose, his face covered in blood, and I heard a crack that I am positive was his skull.

I know I should stop, but why does it feel so good? The rush of adrenaline and the release of pent-up anger provide a temporary sense of satisfaction, making it difficult to resist the urge to continue.

I have been doing this for quite some time now, but it still excites me. Nakokosensya ba ako? Fucking no. I am even doing the world a favor by getting rid of a scum like this, so why should I feel bad about this?

"Blaise, stop it. Fuck, there is nothing left for you to kill already!" I felt dad's strong grip on my arm, and doon ko lang na realize na patay na pala ang tarantado. His skull was split open, and remnants of his brain were scattered on the ground.

"Ako na ang bahala rito. Clean up yourself and do not fucking let your sister see you in that fucking state, Rafaelo."

I shrugged my dad's grip off my arm and went straight to the door. It's as if this was the worst of me that my sister had ever seen.

***

"I told you already, sasamahan ko si Kristel sa game nila at manonood din ako," I said in a pissed tone, na kung nandito lang siya sa harapan ko ay malamang nasapak ko na siya.

"Are you sure about this, Blaise?"

Napahigpit ang hawak ko sa phone ko. Almost breaking it in half as I kept on reminding myself that the person I am talking to is my best friend, who was just worried about me.

At hindi ko naman masisi kung bakit siya nagkakaganyan.

"If you want to go with us, then feel free to do so. Bilisan mo lang dahil naliligo na si Kristel, and their game is in an hour."

"Well, I can just go straight to the venue. Saan ba?"

"Sa Phylisse Academy."

"Alright. I'll see you soon."

Napailing na lang ako, and I pressed the end button, shaking my head. Well, after miserably failing to take my own life a couple of months ago, my friends and family had been nothing but very concerned and borderline controlling of my actions. It's as if they do not trust me to be on my own, let alone decide for myself.

Kung bakit ba kasi hindi pa ako natuluyan. Fuck, I do not understand why a lot of people seem to be obsessed with living when, in fact, living is not so different from dying, especially if you do not have the reason to keep living.

I lost them. I lost Maoi and our baby. She was the fucking love of my life, and when I lost her, my world came crashing down before me.

I love her. And every minute I stay alive without her by my side is nothing but pure hell.

"I am ready, kuya!" Kristel came out of nowhere, and I almost snorted seeing how short and fit her volleyball shorts look, but I am not going to start a discussion with her right now.

I forced a smile and ruffled my sister's hair. "Are you excited? Good luck. I will just be quiet like what you want para hindi ka ma-distract."

My sister just purred like a kitten before running towards our garage. I know she is just trying to make me go out of the house, and I could have just turned her down if I wanted to, but I do not have the heart to do so. I know how volleyball means a lot to her, and regardless of her reasons, I know that she just wants me to watch her.