Chapter 81: Mastermind

It took me a few minutes to process what the doctor said.

Gail is pregnant. Pregnant with my twin's child. There's a life growing inside her.

"She needs to eat and rest. Maselan ang kondisyon ng buntis especially on the first trimester so she needs to take care of herself" the doctor again, snapping me out of my reverie.

"Can we see her already, doc?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"Sure pero huwag kayong magsabay-sabay lahat"

Pagtapos magpasalamat ay tiningnan ko si Trina. Naintindihan naman niya ang ibig kong sabihin kaya tumayo siya and together we walked towards Gail's room. Pagbukas ko ng pinto ay kita kong gising siya as a nurse is fixing her and the bed.

"Hey" kuha ko sa atensyon niya at ngumiti. For a moment she just looked at me then she started to cry again. My heart broke all over again at that. The pain is too much for her to take.

Agad namin siyang inagapan ni Trina.

"Hey Gail, stop crying. Hindi maganda sa kondisyon mo kung ganyan ka" Trina said and Gail narrowed his eyes at that.

"What do you mean my condition?" tanong niya

Nagkatinginan muna kami ni Trina sandali then back at Gail again.

"The doctor said that you are pregnant" I said slowly, almost pushing the words out of my mouth.

At first nakatulala lang siya and when maybe my words finally sink into her, she started to cry as she covered her mouth.

"Please.. don't cry hindi yan makagaganda sa sitwasyon niyo ni baby. Damn it, you're pregnant and you don't know?!" I asked in a scolding tone.

She shook her head vigorously as she caress her stomach. Napahawak din ako roon.

"Paano natin to sasabihin kayla tita, Gail? They deserve to know this, you know" Trina told her and I silently agree with that.

"No they don't" matigas niyang sabi.

Napabuntong hininga ako "Gail.. you need all the support you can get at this point. Sure, siguradong nandito kami para sa'yo especially kami nila daddy but then deserve pa rin malaman to nila tita. You're just seventeen"

Hindi pa rin siya natinag. "No. Kakayanin ko to without their help"

Wala na sa'min pang kumibo. Trina and I knows perfectly that we can't blame her. She grew up almost without them and they even missed her graduation at ang iba pang mahahalagang okasyon sa buhay niya. She grew up na may tampo sa kanila hanggang sa dumating na lang ang araw that she stopped craving for their attention.

So if Gail wants it like that then wala kaming magagawa kung hindi respetuhin na lang ang desisyon niya.

"Please let me rest for a while" she said at pumikit na.

"How is she?" tanong ni Blaise nang makalabas na kami ni Trina. Gail fell asleep kung kaya't lumabas na muna kami.

"She's okay pero ayaw niyang ipaalam sa parents niya ang tungkol sa kanya" I said

Kuya GD's eyes narrowed at that. "Bakit ayaw niyang ipaalam? Does she have any plans on discontinuing her pregnancy?" he asked with his voice controlled with anger.

Mabilis akong umiling. "No, it's not like that. You know Gail, kuya. Lumaki siya na hindi pinagtutuunan ng pansin nila tita so I think she has already eliminated them from her life"

Kuya CL then shook his head. "Damn, who gets pregnant at seventeen? Kung buhay lang si Rennan ngayon malamang papatayin din siya ni daddy"

Despite of everything hindi ko mapigilan na kahit paano ay matawa. Damn if Rennan is here malamang din ay nagulpi ko yun.