2. - Exploring the Forest.

Around an hour went by since I began exploring. It felt like the forest was infinite and also that it was just becoming denser and denser. It was actually becoming rather difficult to navigate through it.

'I suppose one bonus to being a snake right now, is that even with the density of trees, I can still navigate somewhat well... even if it is becoming harder to do.'

I thought before slithering over a rock. Another thing that was becoming rather obviously annoying, was the fact that everything looked the same. There was such an abundance of the same tone colours, to the point where I wasn't even able to tell where I came from.

But then again... It's not like I was really going anywhere with a goal in the first place. I was kind of just going and seeing where I end up. 

I suppose... that's part of the reason why I am kind of lost now..

Sighing, I turned back around before slithering on top of the rock I had slithered over moments earlier. Looking around more carefully, I tried to spot any signs of something that stood out in-between all the dense trees and bushes.

However I was disappointed as there wasn't anything of that sorts popping out. Of course, unless you count the big boulders that peaked their way above some bushes.

"Wait... Big boulders?"

I looked back to where I had spotted them. There were what looked to be around 3 - 4 large boulders, all in one spot, each one a bit bigger than the bushes.

'Perhaps I could go over and climb on top to get a better view?'

I thought before sliding off the rock I was on top of right now. Afterwards, I steadily slithered towards the large bolder group, navigating my way through the tall grass rather quickly and easily.

Moving around was a bit easier now, as I had pretty much gotten used to moving around without legs. If anything, I'd actually say that I was moving a bit faster as a snake than I was while a human.

It only took a couple of moments, before I reached the 4 massive bolders. They were even bigger up close.

'Welp, here goes nothing.'

I thought before slithering onto the largest of the boulders and making my way to the top. Once on top, I looked around. I now had a much, much better view of the area - as well as I could see much further now, since the bolder was taller than most of the bushes around.

However, even with the higher ground and further seeable distance, I still didn't manage to spot anything that stood out as 'different' in the mass of trees and bushes.

'Well.. this is rather disappointing.'

I sighed.

Then, I suddenly felt the bolder I was on tremble a bit. 

"Hm..?"

I looked down at it confused. For a couple of moments, it was nothing. I exhaled before coiling up in a gloomy way.

'Great, I'm beginning to lose my mind..'

I thought. However, the boulder suddenly trembled again, this time a bit more violently. I uncoiled my body quite fast - there was absolutely no way, this was just my imagination!

Then, the boulder suddenly moved alongside with the other 3 boulders.

"WOAH! What the heck?!"

I shouted a bit, before quickly leaping off of the 'boulder' - using my own body as a way to propel myself. After landing, I quickly turned to look at the 4 boulders, only to see all 4 of the rise up, revealing what looked to be crabs or something underneath them.