56. - The Deadmans Graveyard.

I gazed at the forest off into the distance. It was truly a sight to behold from afar - a whole forest, that looked dead and decaying — like it in itself was a corpse.
Although, the look of it definitely made it live up to it's name of 'Deadmans Graveyard'.

I hesitated just for a split moment, however after a little bit, I eventually began my march towards the forest, keeping my [Overworld Detection] active, in case of any attempts at a sneak attack.

As I approached the forest, a sudden shiver ran down my spine. The atmosphere suddenly began to shift - from a pretty normal one to an almost suffocating one.
It was strange, as it felt to issue great pressure upon me and my whole body - and mind. It felt genuinely strange - almost like the intensity of the gravity was increasing.

'What the hell..?'

Immense Miasma is coming from the Forest. Due to the nature of Miasma, a great pressure is being put upon your soul.

Create a shield using [Dark Destiny]?

[Dark Destiny]? Isn't that one of the new skills I acquired when I evolved into a Darkness Snake..?
I didn't even know what it did, but apparently it was able to be used to create a shield from this 'Miasma' pressure?

I thought about it for a moment. It'd be pretty bad if I was forced to venture into the forest with this pressure - it'd be even worse if I was to suddenly pass out because of it.

So in my own opinion, using this opportunity for a shield was the right move.

'Alright, deploy that shield.'

Command accepted.

Deploying ' Resistance of Darkness ' using
[Dark Destiny]...

After the announcement, my whole body glowed black for a second, as one of my golden eyes changed to a black colour.
Then, the immense pressure I was feeling earlier, suddenly vanished, as it almost felt like the atmosphere changed back to normal.

Deployment successful.
Effects of Miasma have been blocked.

Thanks [Sages' Wisdom] - You're once again a life saver. After the shield was deployed, I used [Shadow Manipulation] to quickly enter the forest, without wasting anymore time.

Once inside, the entire scenery changed - from a greenish and beautiful, open field, to a dead landscape, with a grey ground, dead trees and many, many signs of deaths everywhere.
I mean, there literally were swords, armoud and even skeletons just laying all over the place.

It honestly wasn't even just 'humanoid' skeletons around - there were skeletons and other remains of other monsters here - direwolves, spiders and many other indecipherable creatures.

'This must mean that nothing can survive in here..'

Positive.
The Density of Miasma in this forest makes it impossible for anything other than the Undead to exist in here.

That's something I could probably figure out myself to be honest. After all, the moment I approached this place, I began feeling a heavy pressure on myself - and I'm fucking overpowered. (He's slowly gone into the Acceptance Stage)

I looked around, beginning to search for ANY signs that would point me to someone living here, however I'll be frank - how the flying fuck some psycho was managing to live out here, I have NO clue.

I mean - seriously, there probably wasn't a way to get food or water... All around there is high density miasma that can KILL you by just approaching it and apparently this place is infested with undead and is practically a maze.