29. - Snake VS an.. Assassin?

Me and the Mysterious Attacker kept a locked eye contact for a few seconds before launching ourselves at eachother.
Then, a fight of exchanging blows began as the attacker swung his dagger at me while I attempted to get my punches and kicks to break through his defense.

Unfortunately for me, this guy was somehow managing to completely block all my blows, while also throwing out some serious strikes himself.
Whoever this was, was NOT any every day crook or some beginner...

No, this guy was a real threat.

The exchange of blows continued for a couple more moments, before I was forced to create some distance between us by leaping back.

The attacker simply glared at me with what seemed like a pretty pitying stare.

[Mysterious Attacker] "You're managing to keep up quite well.."

I'm not sure whether I should take that as a compliment or...

Warning;
Imminent danger.

Wait - what?!
I quickly turned around only to see the Mysterious Attacker already close, launching a strike towards me.

'Shit! I let my guard down-!'

I thought before attempting to step back into my own shadow. If I was lucky enough - perhaps my skill [Shadow Manipulation] will kick in and I'll phase right into my own shadow before the attack lands.

As the strike of the attacker drew closer and closer, sweat drops fell from my face. Was this how I was going to die?
Are you serious?!

The attack eventually got incredibly close, however it suddenly stopped in its tracks, the attacker letting out a surprised gasp before being launched back into a tree.
The amount of force he was launched with was even enough to crack the tree and nearly break it in half..

'What... Just happened?!'

I thought, confused as hell on what had just transpired in front of me.

[Mysterious Attacker] 'What the hell was that? The moment my attack was about to land I suddenly felt this powerful presence... Was that him?'

The Mysterious Attacker got back up onto his feet, only now he seemed to be struggling a bit to stand straight - most likely due to the impact he had endure just now.

[Mysterious Attacker] 'I swear I felt something react to my attack violently before stopping me... Don't tell me..'

The attacker looked at me in what seemed to be a worried way.

[Mysterious Attacker] 'Don't tell me that this guy has a Passive Protection skill..'

The attacker then got into a more defensive position, almost like he was going to continue things a lot less aggressively now.

'Why is he..'

Analysis suggests that the impact has forced him to prioritise defense over offense.
Now would be a good time to strike as much as possible to bring him down.

That came out of nowhere and sounds strangely very violent..
Although - perhaps [Sages' Wisdom] was right. This guy did not seem like the type to give up easily or listen to words.

So perhaps if I just gave him a beating... Maybe he'll be forced to surrender or something?

I simply exhaled before taking a battle ready position once more.
Less thinking - more action. If I was going to do anything to bring this fight to a halt, it had to be done now.