[World History #2]. - The Corruption & The Light.

Welcome to the Second History Lesson of the world that our dear
Faofa has found himself inside of.

This time, we're focusing on a tale which only is known among the Elders of society, mainly because of how old it is.

Anyways, let's move onto tonights lesson..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Corruption and The Light.

Many, many millennias ago, after the Primal Dragons had established the contract between them and the Deities, as well as the birth of the Blessings and Catastrophes,
The 9 Dragons split, each one going their own way.

Three of the Dragons went South, while another three decided to go West.
However, Three Dragons remained in the centre of the world, where it all began:
The Dragon of Energy,
Dragon of Light
And Dragon of Abyss.

They remained in the centre, since they were considered the most powerful of the Nine Primal Dragons, since they had been born from the three most powerful elements of this world.

The Light, The Energy and The Abyss.

However, our tale is not about these three in specific - Instead, it is about two of these three.

A couple hundred years passed after the splitting of the Primal Dragons - the world had changed so much.
It was more populated than before, more diverse than before and more lively than before.

One of the Dominating species became Humans, who were brough to the world by the Deities that the Dragons had made the contract of peace with.

The other, was the Demi-Humans, as the Deities called them.
Humanlike creatures, that had different assets of different creatures.
Lizardmen, Dwarves, Elves, Elks - Many species that were close to resembling humans, but had enough differences to not make them human.

This is important to mention, because of the way they were created.

The Dragons wanted to give all sentient life a goodwill - to put Kindness and Respect inside their hearts and minds, to allow them to grow closer together and forget their differences so they could peacefully co-exist.
For the basis of the Good, they used the
Core of Light - the birthplace of the Primal Dragon of Light.

This move, also meant that the Dragon of Light became the Beacon for all Good in the world.
The representation, of the worlds best and purest souls.

However....
The Dragons could have never expected what would come next.

Despite them sealing away the Evil that wished to infiltrate this world inside of a separate dimension to not allow it to plague the world they wished to protect, the Deities wanted to create a balance.

They didn't believe in this idea of 'Only Good existing' as they believed that having only good would inevitably cause the downfall of all life.

So they did, something, the Dragons had warned them, to never do.
The Deities freed the Evil the Dragons had imprisoned, letting it lose into the world.

However... Since it had been so long, the Evil wasn't strong enough to prosper - Strong enough to exist.
It needed a new core to use in order to satisfy it's eternal Hunger for Destruction.

The Deities decided to give the Evil the Abyss to use as its core - allowing it to gain tremendous power and inevitably, bringing evil to this world.

The Dragons didn't understand what had happened.
Suddenly, overnight, the Good and Pure world they had created, was infested by Evil, that spread its influence to every species in the world.

The Monsters were the first victims to fall under the Evils influence - causing them to turn feral and removing the chance for them to ever co-exist peacefully with the intelligent life.

The Dragons attempted to fix this mess, even scolding the Deities for being reckless.
However, after they learned that the Deities used the Abyss as the core for the Evil to grow from, they fell into shock.

And rightfully so....
For the Dragon of Abyss, soon was corrupted by the Evil, due to his strong connection to the one place, where the Evil was nesting.

The Dragon of Abyss lost control - lost his sense of being and became a vessal for the Evil to grow its power even further.
The Dragons couldn't bring themselves to strike down a Brother of theirs, so they allowed the Dragon of Abyss rampage on, under the influence of the Evil.

However, while the Dragons let him go,
The Deities didn't.
Instead, they gave power to a group of Adventurers which they then sent to fight the Dragon of Abyss and kill him, as to 'save the world'.

And so, a legendary battle ensued.
The Adventurers - blessed with powers from the Deities attacked the Dragon of Abyss, with the intention of bringing him down.

Upon learning this, the Dragon of Light dashed her way to her dear brother, in hopes to help him. However...

Once she arrived to the scene, it had been over.
The Dragon of Abyss had been put under a powerful seal, which was fueled by the Powers of the Otherworldly Deities, making it impossible to break.

The Dragons mourned the loss of their brethren, however the Dragon of Energy used this as an excuse to set up an Order that would be led by him.

An Order,
Whose entire mission was simple-
Show the Deities, that they were not going to sit around and watch them recklessly act anymore.

But the Poor Dragon of Light,
Continued to mourn the loss of her Dear Brother, her tears eventually forming a giant black and white tree..
'The Tree of Balance'.

This tree would then become the resting ground, upon which the Dragon of Light would make her home in, as she would patiently await the day, when hopefully the Dragon of Abyss would return, allowing the Tree to be taken down.

It is said, that even to this day, the weeping of the Dragon of Light can be heard, whenever one moves close to the centre of the world.