36. - Trail of a Suspicious Convict.

The next morning. . .

   I was up and out of bed quite early. I mean, I was already out on the streets, slowly making my way towards the Adventuring Guild building to take some quests for today.

'Wonder what I should do today... Well, I guess I'll see what my friend Lizardman has to offer.'

I thought before thinking a bit.
...I never asked for the receptionists name - Did I?

How could I have forgotten that?!
I sighed. I guess having been isolated for more than a month really did make me change a bit. I even managed to lose my manners.

I sighed, as I continued to march down the street. It also seemed that what had happened yesterday hadn't gone by just yet, since I could spot many, many stares locked onto me with my skill [Overworld Detection].

Although, I shouldn't expect things to clear out that fast anyway...
After all - Even in my past life, things like this took at least a week or so to die out.

    I sighed, as I finally reached the Adventuring Guild building and entered it. Inside was busy as ever - only there strangely enough were also all the guards I saw yesterday inside as well.

'Guess this is where they went..'

I thought, before shrugging and approaching the Lizardman Receptionist.

"Morning!"

[Lizardman Receptionist] "Hm? Oh, Good Morning to you as well, Mr. Shin."

The receptionist responded, lifting his head up and placing the quill in his hand back into the ink vile to the side of the table.

[Lizardman Receptionist] "Looking for quests I presume?"

"That and I was thinking about something else."

The Receptionist grew a bit more curious, lifting an 'eyebrow'. (He doesn't have eyebrows, just imagine the bit above the eye being lifted up).

[Lizardman Receptionist] "Oh? What may that be?"

"Why are all those guards here?"

[Lizardman Receptionist] "Oh them? Don't mind them. They are together here with Harcone, who is currently busy speaking with the Guildmaster."

So, that Heavenly Knight I met yesterday is also here? Well, that definitely screams 'Get the fuck out while you can'.

"I see... Well, I guess I have no business there. Any quest recommendations?"

[Lizardman Receptionist] "I do. Wait here, I'll go and fetch them from the back."

He replied, moving into the back room behind the reception desk.
As soon as he left, I heard some voices gossiping among themselves to the side. Using my skill [Overworld Detection] I was able to determine that two voices belonged to a pair of Lizardman Women - who had also strangely taken a more human appearance.

As for what they were gossiping about...
Well, it mostly was how I seemed quite 'close' or whatever to the Lizardman Receptionist. Now, first, I have no idea how me coming and asking for quests at a receptionist I am familiar with is me being 'close' with him.

And secondly - why the hell were they gossiping anyway? The receptionist seemed like a normal guy and all... But surely he wasn't that popular.

After a few more moments, the Lizardman Receptionist came back out.

[Lizardman Receptionist] "Apologies for the wait Mr. Shin, here are the quest recommendations."

He stated, placing 4 quest sheets onto the desk infront of me.
These four, once again, were mainly kill quests - kill a certain amount of something and bring back some kind of item from it.