41. - Adventuring Guilds, Dungeon Raid.

The next day...

   I was up early and on my way to the Adventuring Guild. Yesterday, I had spent the whole day running around and doing all those quests I had accepted, plus then doing that whole ordeal with that cult of whatever.

And even then, in the end I didn't find a Lich. That was a little disappointing - since when I returned yesterday, all the quests I had completed, I cashed in for quite a reward — 255 Silver Coins and 300 Copper Coins.

However the Lich quest on it's own would have been around 165 or so Silver Coins, so I definitely missed out on a decent reward bonus.

Oh well, there's always next time.

As I approached the Guild building, I noticed how a lot of adventurers had gathered outside, with all the receptionists also being outside, standing in a line.

'Oh yeah... The Lizardman Receptionist told me last night about this. Apparently the guild is having a Dungeon Raid for all Adventurers below B-Rank in order to give them a chance to advance.'

I thought, remembering the talk last night.
I had sort of forgotten at first about this whole raiding business - mainly because I was a bit tired from all I did last night (Not physically, but mentally).

When I heard about it yesterday, I wondered whether I should join it or not - mainly because joining in, would mean that I was going to be limited to my skill [Black Magic]... Or more accurately now - [Abyss Magic].

Actually... Now that I think about it— won't me losing [Black Magic] cause trouble?

Negative.
[Abyss Magic] also permits the use of
[Black Magic] spells.

I see..
So basically, as long as I don't use something that isn't in the usual spell arsenal of the Black Magic skill, I shouldn't be discovered.

Understandable.

I approached the crowd, before quickly moving up to the Lizardman Receptionist I was familiar with.

Once he noticed me, the receptionist waved towards me, before smiling lightly.

[Lizardman Receptionist] "Hello Mr.Shin, are you here to also participate in the Adventuring Guilds dungeon raid?

"I guess I am. Though, a little overview of the rules would be nice."

[Lizardman Receptionist] "About that - those all will be announced once the Guildmaster announces the beginning of the raid. For now I suggest standing together with all the other adventurers in the crowd."

Well, it was worth a shot.
I simply nodded, before walking away from the Lizardman Receptionist, waving a slight goodbye which he returned right to me.

Once I was inside the crowd, I noticed how every adventurer here seemed like they didn't go over Rank C.
That wasn't that surprising, since the event was only permitted for Adventurers up to Rank B, but it was still a bit strange to see that one wasn't a single person here who even was a B.

Maybe they just couldn't make it?

       I stood with my back against a houses wall for a while, simply waiting with the rest of the entire crowd for the 'event' to begin.

It had already been quite a while since everyone gathered here, I'd say that an hour at best, so it was quite normal to see that the adventurers gathered were starting to grow a bit impatient.

Then, a loud cheer could be heard, followed by a round of applause. Upon lifting my head to see what's causing the commotion, I saw a sole man come out of the Guild Building, before taking a stance infront of all the receptionists.