63. - Return to Ordial.

The Next Morning..
             In the Deadmans Graveyard..

    I was forced to wake up early by Jio, since she wanted to get onto the road as fast as possible in order to cover as much distance as possible during the first day.
Not going to lie, when I woke up, I felt a bit... Unrested. Don't know why or how, however I just felt a tiny bit tired - something I hadn't felt in a while.

Right now we were on a much more 'obvious' path in the Deadmans Graveyard - one that was nowhere near the location where I was doing circles when trying to get here.

Apparently, there was a laid out path which led to a different road back to Ordial and said road was actually a shorter travel compared to the one marked on the map I was given.
Which made me conclude that either A, this new road is only known by Jio oooor B, the Guildmaster felt like being asshole to me and sent me on the longest road he had knowledge of.

Even though I wanted to believe in the first option, having met the Guildmaster in person, I felt like the second option was more likely to be the case.

And if it was correct...
Well, fuck you Guildmaster.

That's some strong language towards someone who is willing to keep his suspicions about your strength a secret.

'No one asked you anything Ancient One..'

I replied, sighing heavily, which caused Jio to look at me with a slightly raised eyebrow.

[Jio] "You okay?"

I quickly shook my head, before rubbing the back of my neck.

"I'm fine. Just thinking about some things."

[Jio] "Right.. well, keep up and don't get lost - we're about to enter some dangerous territory."

Dangerous territory?
The hell does that mean?

I can detect some strong monster presence further down this road.

...That must be the dangerous territory..

I continued to follow Jio, trying to stick close to her in vicinity while also keeping my
[Overworld Detection] skill active in a wide range around me.

I was not going to take any risks at all - I do not wanna repeat the sneak attack I had been caught by from that one lich when I first arrived here.

    Eventually, we reached a point on the path, where it strangely changed colour, from a normal looking dirt path, to a weirdly looking grey path.
It was almost like the path itself somehow was... Dead? I don't know how to explain it.

Jio stopped me at this point, before kneeling down, examining the change in the path.
I remained still for a couple of moments, as Jio inspected the road.

[Jio] "That's strange..."

She mumbled to herself, before getting up and turning to face me.

[Jio] "Make sure to keep your guard up at all times and watch where you step."

She then looked back down the road, with a sceptical look.

[Jio] "Someone or something has trapped this place and is waiting for anyone to pass through.."

She finished off, before taking her first steps onto the different road.
I took some moments to process what she had just told me. Someone had trapped the road?
How is that even possible?

Judging by the colour of the road further on, I'd say that it most likely was done by an extraordinary wizard or even possibly a Sage.

'Aren't those the same thing.?'