89. - Clash Against a Primal Dragon.... Or Not?

So one question. When I came face to face with the Primal Dragon of Fire, just like me, you probably expected it to be an epic, almost impossible to win clash for me and Odale, right? Trust me, I also was fully ready to throw hands with the Dragon that was basically a god of the world.

However....
I could have never expected, what actually happened.

Because currently, the very same dragon is flaunting compliments towards me, acting like a little high school girl that's in love and practically simping all over me.
....Yeah... I don't know what was happening either.

But how did it get to this?
Well, let me run you through the events that led up to this moment - starting with when I learned of the Dragons true identity.

      A couple of minutes prior..

   Are you kidding me?!
You're telling me, we're practically face to face with a GOD of this world?!
I mean- that'd explain the extraordinarily large amount of Magical Energy that I was sensing while on my way up here..

But still— What the hell do we do?!
We've already engaged and I doubt this god dragon will let us leave alive..

[Odale] "My Lord, please get to safety - I shall remain here and distract the Lord of Fire."

"HUH?!? Odale, are you insane?!"

[Odale] "Please my Lord, your life matters more than mine right now."

Okay- Does Odale have a death wish right now?! He seriously wants to fight a god on his own?!
I understand trying to keep me safe as my subordinate, but even this is too far-!

Odale didn't reply and simply glared up at the giant, red serpent dragon with determination filled pupils.
The dragon - or rather Frindel, laughed.

[Frindel] "My, my! You are a brave one skeleton! It's rather beautiful to see how far you would go to protect the one you serve under."

The dragon exhaled.

[Frindel] "Makes me curious on what exactly some creatures consider to be worth fighting even a god for."

The dragon finished before exhaling again, looking down at us with its fire filled, piercing eyes - almost like it felt insulted at our mere presence here.
I stood still for a couple of moments, before sighing.

'Ancient One, can you perform a calculation on the percentage of our win?'

Already done Master.

By my calculations, there is a 99.98% of a loss and death, and q 0.002% chance of a victory, which in this case would be survival, NOT defeating the dragon.

I figured as much...
And if we tried to flee now, we'd just be dead again. So, it really didn't matter what we did, because we would die each time.
I then smirked, before taking a battle ready stance next to Odale, spinning the Abyss Magic infuses Venomous Scythe, before pointing it towards the Primal Dragon.

Odale gasped in slight shock.

[Odale] "M-My Lord?!"

"You don't actually expect me to flee from a fight, right? Sure, this may be a god and an impossible fight for us to win, but god damnit, if I'm dying, I'm dying having tried to take that thing down with me!"

I shouted, summoning a giant Shadow Beast behind me. Odale gazed at me for a couple of seconds, before exhaling.

[Odale] "I understand my Lord. It was foolish of me to ask you to run. If you're dying, then I shall die by your side."