[Special Chapter] 2. - Origin of The Serpent.

Inside Faofas Soul Space...

   Arabor and Iyka were locked in a quiet, yet serious game of chess. So far, during this round at least, Arabor was winning - having taken down most of Iykas pieces, including her Queen.

Currently, it was Iykas turn - and saying that she was deep in thought, would be an understatement.

"Y'know, you can just announce defeat already. It's a clear win for me."

[Iyka] "Shhhh! I'm thinking!"

Iyka spat back as Arabor sighed.
She kept on just staring at the Chess board for a solid 2 or so minutes, before finally making a move using one of her remaining Rooks.

Arabor then proceeded to simply take the rook down with his queen, before crossing his arms.

"Checkmate."

Iyka let out an annoyed and loud exhale as she fell backwards onto her back.

[Iyka] "How is this possible?! You've already won like 57 or so times in a row! You must be cheating!"

Arabor simply scoffed before laughing loudly.

"No cheating from me! I simply have a great perception."

Quite literally. Arabor holds the Individual Skill [Masterful Perception] which allows him to see all the outcomes of every event or so that he partakes place in.

So in simple terms, he technically was and wasn't cheating at the same time.

Iyka simply sighed, before getting back up into a sitting position.

[Iyka] "One more round!"

She stated before noticing that Arabor had seemingly fallen into deep thought, as he stared off into the darkness.

[Iyka] "Lord Arabor? Is everything alright?"

Arabor looked down at her after shaking his head lightly.

"Apologies, I zoned out a bit-"

Before he got to finish, the Soul Space suddenly shook, causing Iyka to look around in confusion.

[Iyka] "What the hell was that just now?!"

She shouted, throwing her gaze all over the place. Arabor on the otherhand looked up into the darkness above with a slightly nervous stare.

"I have a feeling... That Faofa might have run into quite a great obstacle.."

He stated, before looking back down at Iyka.

"But no worries - I'm sure it's nothing that he can't handle."

Iyka looked at the Primal Dragon with a doubtful stare, before crossing her arms.

[Iyka] "I've been meaning to ask... Why did you make this whole 'Soul Pact' with Faofa? Isn't he just an insignificant snake?"

Arabor seemed to grow a bit irritated at her description of Faofa, however kept his cool and didn't lash out onto the Kitsune.

He simply did a small fake cough before looking down even more, closing his eyes.

"Tell me.. have you ever heard of a Monster known as the 'World Serpent'?"

Iyka turned dumbfounded at this question.

[Iyka] "You mean that fairytale monster that elders use to scare kids? What about it?"

Arabor laughed at her comment.

"I find it amusing how you shortlings call the World Serpent a fairytale."