101. - The Schemers.

After we freed the heroes and showed them that we are not a threat to them, the Heroes became more willing to talk things out. While talking with them, I found out that they indeed were the Heroes summoned by the Holy Church, which the Ancient One had warned me about.
They explained how they had been summoned to this world for some reason - however, they didn't exactly know what reason.

Apparently, when they tried to ask the church the reason for their summoning, the church had simply replied:
"You'll see in the future. A Great Evil is coming."

Which if you ask me, is as vague as it can get. A 'Great Evil' could be anything - a Demonic Entity, an Evil God or just the damned French.
You name it.

(If you get the joke reference, you are a Top G.)

However, they just said it straight to me that that's all they got from the church and nothing else. Which did make me wonder.... What exactly was this 'Holy Church' up to? Just what was it planning?

Another thing to note, was something that I found out myself from the Ancient One - the fact that the summoning of people from other worlds was apparently forbidden by the dragons.
Upon learning that bit of information, Frindels suddenly aggressive and unhinged reaction upon hearing that these Heroes had been summoned here, made a lot more sense now.

But the one thing I wondered, was why exactly was it forbidden by the dragons? What kind of reason would they have to forbid something so oddly specific?

I cannot confirm this, however, apparently within the Contract between the Deities and the Dragons, they had demanded that the Deities would agree to never summon other individuals from different worlds, as they saw it as disingenuous.

Huh.... But you did say you cannot confirm that statement...
Looks like I'll have to ask Frindel about it later. I was slowly beginning to understand more and more about this worlds rules, despite believing that I had already understood them fully ages ago.

    A While Later...

        I was sitting all by myself on a boulder, watching the Heroes party, Wezrall and Odale all interact among one another. The Spearsmans and the Swordsman had hit it off with Wezrall, amazed by how physically strong he was and the weapon he wielded, while the Sorcerer and the Druid were both more together with Odale, discussing....
Somekind of magic stuff.

I honestly didn't understand what they were talking about exactly, however, whatever it was, was enough to drive away any attention from the fact that Odale was literally a lich.
It was a bit hard to explain his situation at first, however we managed to trick them into believing that Odale was a cursed man and just looked like a lich, while not exactly being one.

And before you ask, no the status wouldn't give away anything, since thankfully the status of my subordinates was under the same protection as mine.
Aka, the Ancient One was preventing any appraisal skills from reaching it.

Even though I stated earlier that I was watching all of the Heroes and my friends, truth was, my eyes were mostly fixated onto a single individual -
The Druid Girl.
Once I heard that they were indeed from another world, the possibility of it being just a coincidence practically shattered into bits.

No matter how much I didn't want to believe it, that girl... Was indeed my dear sister from my previous life. And upon realising this, I didn't exactly know what to think or how to feel.
I mean... It was seeing her again, especially seeing her with friends, but at the same time — This was a completely different world. This wasn't Japan or Earth.

This, was a new world, where magic, monsters and so much more exists...
Is this really a suitable place for a reunion with a family member?

As I glanced at her, the Ancient One suddenly manifested himself next to me, leaning in a bit to my left ear.