57. - The Lair of the Ancient One.

Moving through the tunnel, I examined the walls inside it. They were quite strange to me, since unlike other tunnels I had been inside of before, that were either just dug out and nothing else or had a squarish shape - this one had walls made from a fancy brick pattern, and its shape was that of a half circle.

If I had to describe it in simple terms, it was very, very different - almost 'modern' if you could say so. But then again... Can I consider half circle hallways 'modern' when in my world they weren't all that modern?

Hm... Well, either way, it doesn't matter.
Eventually, after a little bit of walking, I reached the door at the end of the hallway and I was immediately met with a very strange sight.

The door was made out of.... Sturdy metal. It wasn't like the wooden doors I've seen so far - No, this door was made from pure metal.
And even stranger, is that it had a design that looked hell of a lot like the military grade doors back from my old world.

Y'know, those massive doors with the valves on them that when you turn open?
Those that can probably withstand bombs?

Yeah, those doors. This door, was very much that.

'But why would it be here..'

I thought. The door itself looked also only slightly touched by nature and had no signs of rust, despite my guess that it had been here for god knows how long.

An Anti-Rust spell has been detected on the door.

Well that explains that I guess.
I then placed my hands onto the valve, before turning it to the right side. After turning it for a couple moments, a loud click sound came from the door and after I gave it a quick pull, the metal door opened, revealing a second, but this time a larger corridor on the other side.

After walking into the corridor, the metal door shut behind me, before locking itself back up.
I got startled a bit by this, however didn't think much of it. I then turned around to try and see where the larger corridor or 'tunnel' would lead to, however it seemed to go into a pitch black darkness that was completely impossible to see through.

'Well, this is times where Ifrits powers come in handy.'

I thought, before flicking a small, blue flame on my left finger and beginning to move into the pitch black darkness in the corridor.
As I began to explore inside it, I could barely see anything - even with the flame I had created.

This unpiercable darkness was almost like a creature that was purposely making it dark.

'Maybe if I find a way to turn on the lights or something..?'

I thought, however threw that thought out of my head pretty fast. Turn on the lights? The fuck was I smoking?
Of course I wouldn't be able to do something like that - this world didn't have the kind of 'light switches' like my old one.

Or at least, I hadn't seen any.
I then stopped for a moment, before thinking.

'Could I create a orb of fire that could light up the entire area maybe?'

Current Magical Energy reserves allow for such an action to happen.

I see.. well, then let's do it.
Create a fire bright enough to light up the area.

Command has been accepted.
Beginning the creation of the light source..

I then lifted the small, blue flame on my index finger high above my head, as the small flame turned into a massive 'whip' of blue flames that circled all around me, before shooting up towards the 'ceiling' of the area and creating a giant orb of blue flames, that lit up the entire area.